CHAPTER 8: CHARLES POV

I Was Shot. I Got Hit In The Leg - I Can't Go Very Far. "CHARLES, LOOK OUT!" It Was Henry's Voice. I Dived Onto The Floor Just As Ellie Was Stopping Sabrine. Ellie Has Been Stabbed. The Hit Occured Right On The Shoulder Blade, She Has No Chance. Ellie Was Thrown Onto Me, I Grabbed Her Phone From Her Pocket And Threw It At Sabrine's Head, Henry Immidiately Kicked Sabrine To A Wall And Shot Her In The Head. I Tried To Get Up But To No Avail. I Was Also Getting Light Headed. Not A Good Sign When You're Bleeding, Really. "I'm Bleeding Out, I Won't Make It!" Henry Seemed Understandably Upset About That. He Picked Me Up. "You Aren't Dying Today, Charles, I Won't Allow It. Not For Some Fucking Whore." I Was Rushed To The Medbay And Bandaged. There Was Nobody On Board Apart From Ellie, Who's Presumably Dead Now, Me And My Love. What Could Be Better. (Sarcasm.) I Was There For About An Hour Being Cared For. Henry Gave Me The Pistol He Took From Sabrine. "Charlie, If Anybody Finds You And It Ain't Me, You Shoot Them In The Kneecap, Okay? I'll Come Rushing." I Nodded And Inspected The Pistol. Looked Like A Standard X16. Chambered With .45 ACP Rounds. I Got Curious. "Where Are You Going?" Henry Was Already Gone, Though. I Went To Sleep With The Gun Under The Bed Blanket. Assumed, If Anybody Were To Come In And Try And Kill Me, I'd Know And It's Better To Draw First And Not Have Them Know You're Armed As Soon As They Come In. I've Seen Too Much While Being In The Government In Toppat Fights, Though. Sleep Won't Really Be An Issue. As I Wouldn't Get Any...I Slipped Into A Deep Sleep And Immediately Started Having A Flashback. I Was Almost At The LZ For Where I'd Drop Some Units Off For This Operation. When I Landed, The Doors Opened. It Was Another Government Soldier. When He Opened The Door, he Immidiately Got Shit Through The Neck And Toppat Soldiers Appeared, Overpowering And Outnumbering My Units. The Units Were All Killed And I Was Crying Out Of Fear In The Locked Cockpit. I Knew It Wouldn't Hold Much Longer. There Was No Escape, There Was No Weapon In The Cockpit. Was Government Handcuffs, Though, I Unlocked The Cockpit, Handcuffed Myself And Came Out Of The Cockpit. The Toppat Soldiers All Aimed Their Rifles At Me. I Kneeled Down And Was Still Crying. "I-I...I'm Unarmed...Just Don't Shoot Me, Please.." I Figured, If I Was Going To Go Down, I'd Tried To Get It Not As Bad. One Soldier Came Up To Me With Tape And A Bag. They Put Tape On My Mouth And Put The Bag Over My Head. I Was Dragged To A Vehicle And Drove Somewhere. I Was Dragged Out, Handcuffs Were Shot Off And I Was Thrown Onto A Chair. 2 Soldiers Strapped Me To The Chair With Some Sort Of Belt. The Bag Was Taken Off Of My Head And The Tape Was Taken Off. The Masked Soldiers Went Through A Heavy Duty Metal Door And Into Another Room. I Looked Around. Just TVs With The Colour Static Screens. There Was A Single Red Dim Light In The Room, A Table With Surgical Equipment And Slot Of Cables. 3 Thick Leading To The Chair. An Electric Chair. The Figure Behind The Glass Said In A Distorted Voice. "Who Do You Work For." I Responded With What I Was Told To. "U.S S.W.A.T. I'm A Pilot. I Was Just Assigned To Drop Units Off To A Distress Signal." The Distorted Voice Asked Again. "What Is Your Name." I Responded With My Fake Alias. "Charlie Walker. Badge Number 29164." Distorted Voice Sounded A Bit More Angry For This Next Question. "Where Is Your Base?!" I Responded With A Fake Location. "2 Blocks From The Embassy." There Was Silence...The Interrogator Flicked A Switch And I Was Being Electrocuted. It Was Excruciatingly Painful. As Every Shock Would Be In This Line Of Work. The Electrocution Stopped. The Distorted Voice Started Talking Again. "You Work For The U.S Government. Your Name Is Charles Calvin And Your Base Is In Chicago. Now, Tell Us. Why Are You Here. If You Lie, We Will Kill You." I Told Them The Truth. "Th-The Operation Was To Blow Up Your Weapons Cache." The Chair Started To Electrocute Again. The Voice Started To Mock Me. "You Failed...Awww, You Want This To Stop? Fine." The Chair Stopped. I Was Crying Again. "I DIDN'T LIE! SOMEBODY HELP!!" By Now, I'd Already Woke Up And Henry Rushed Into The Room, Looked Around And Started To Hug Me. "Shhhhhhh, You're Okay, I'm Here, Everything's Going To Be Alright...What Happened?" I'm In Tears. I Was Worried. I Started To Hug Henry Back. "I-I...I Had A Flashback. I Was Being Tortured...Are They Here? Please Don't Let Them Find Me." Henry Reassured Me Nobody Was Here. "Nobody's Gonna Get You. I'm Here, I Won't Let Them Get To You." I'm Still Crying, Just Not As Much. Because I Know Henry's Here For Me. "T-thanks for being here for me...I don't wanna have to go in that orbital base...please say I don't." Henry told me I didn't. "You don't have to. Just, don't lose me, ok?" "Ok." "Is your leg ok?" I tried to stand up on my own. I could. Henry was impressed. "Never seen such a quick recovery." "Thanks." Henry started going to the communications room. I went to the cafeteria.