CHAPTER 5: CHARLES POV

I Cant WAIT To Go To NASA, Get This Job Done And Leave The Base To Our House. The Whole COMPOUND, INCLUDING ELLIE Just Saw Me And Henry Kissing In The Cockpit. Before You Even THINK About The Cockpit, Get Your Mind Outta The Gutter...NOW!

1 HOUR LATER

We Arrived At NASA, And, Lemme Tell Ya, If I Was Allowed To Slap Innocent People On Government Grounds, That Security Guard At The Gate Would'a Just Left The Whole NASA Base Right Then And There. I Had To Land 30 Minutes Away From The Place And Get A Cab. No Big Deal, Right? Ok, Sure Car Ride Wasn't That Bad, But The Security Guard At The NASA Gates Was An Actual Bellend. He Kept Saying That We Weren't Allowed In There Because Covid, Even Though, We, As GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS, Was A Higher Job Rank Than Him AND Had Permission By Galeforce And His Own Bloody Boss. We Ended Up Having To Get Galeforce On Him And I'm Pretty Sure, His Paycheck Is Screwed. We Went In And Immediately, We Had To Scan Our I.D'S And Sanitize. Then One Of The Employees Shouted. "ITS CHARLES AND HENRY! I SHIP THEMMM!!!" I Kinda Feel Bad For Him Outta All People. His Colleague Smacked Him On The Back Of Head And Got Moaned At To Concentrate. I Waved At The Guy Who Shipped Me And Henry. Pretty Sure He Lost His Marbles. Like I Was Some Sorta Celebrity. The Guy At The Front Desk Called Over Some Woman To Guide Us To Where We Supposed To Go To Get This Spaceship Up In The Air. Once We Got There, Ellie Decided She "Would Fucking LOVE To Go Up In One Of Those. Henry Told Ellie We WAS Going Up. Yep, Another One Losing Their Marbles. I Was At A Loss For Words, Until I Realised I Was The Only Guy Who Was Gonna Drive The Thing. Then I Asked The Employee "How Do You Drive One Of Those Things? I've Flown A Helicopter For YEARS, But, Never A Whole ROCKET SHIP." Then The Woman Went In And Beckoned For Us To Follow. She Made Me Sit In This Awkward Position. It Was Sitting Down, But...On My Back, Kind Of? Anyway, She Instructed All The Ways To Operate The Ship. She Also Told Everyone Else, This Was Gonna Be Like Among Us. We'd Just Have To Chart The Course, Shoot Asteroids, Maybe Fix A Few Wires And Swipe Our Cards. Usually, That Card Swipe Task Is Annoying, But, In Real Life, It's Not Hard. I've Done It On Vending Machines, Government Identity Validators, Even Those Machines At The Tram And Train Stops, You Just Swipe Your Smart Card Or Boarding Pass On the Validator Before Boarding. Anyway, As The Guide Left The Rocket, She Locked Us In. Before She Left, She Said, I'd Know When It's Go Time. While Waiting, I Found An AUX Jack And Cable...Huh. I Figured I Could Plug My Headset Into It And Make Announcements And If I'm Lucky Enough, Use My Phone To Rickroll Either The Whole Crew Or Rickroll All Of That Building. I Pressed This Button On The Dashboard And Heard A Tone Play From The Below Speakers. I Figured This Was The Announcement System. "Check, Check, It's Charles. Call Me Using The Intercom Button If This Works. Sure Enough, I Get A Call On The Dash. I answered. "Copy That, It Works." I Get Another Call. "Hey, It's That Woman. Umm, It's All Systems Go Here, Blast Off." I Took A Deep Breath And Started The Ship. I Heard Henry Shout "OH, MY STOMACH FUCKIN' HATED THAT! I'M OFF TO THE TOILET!" Then, Ellie Laughed "You're Gonna Miss All The Fun! I'm Absolutely LOVING This!"

(With The Whole Rant About Where Charles Swipes Things, He May've Mentioned Trams. This Is An Extra Part Of The Story, And, It's An Introduction To The Trams In Nottingham. Which Are The Trams Charles Uses.)