Chapter 12

Mana: That was pretty close Indra. Are you okay?

Mana stood in front of me in her AST like combat armor.

Indra: None the worse for wear.

Mana: From where I was standing, I don’t think that’s true.

Kurumi: Excuse me…but we were in the middle of a lovely date, I do find it terribly rude of you to interrupt us like this.

Mana: Give me just a minute, Indra. This wont take very long.

Mana’s shoulder weapons activated and she snapped her finger and the weapon blasted two arrays of lasrers. Kurumi jumped in the air to dodge the attack, but the beam changed midair to wherever Mana’s finger was pointing. The lasers changed direction and all the laser converged on Kurumi and struck her as she fell to the ground. Kurumi laid on the ground writhing in as Mana stood over her.

Mana pov

I killed Kurumi as I changed back to my regular clothes. I turned towards Indra who leaned against a tree and kept his nose covered.

Mana: You seem rather calm that I just killed a spirit.

Indra: You mean person.

Mana: No I-

Indra: Person.

Mana: *sighs* It seems you’ve already heard a few things from Master Sergeant Tobiichi. Well, you should probably pretend this is all a bad dream. Just forget it ever happened.

Indra: I’ve already heard that before. She’s gonna come back right?

My eyes widened at his statement. He sighed as he leaned his head back and glanced at me.

Indra: I saw the footage of you killing her a couple days ago?

Mana: How did you…?

Indra: Still, you didn’t need to kill her.

Mana: Wait, are you mad at me for killing her?

Indra: Well no, but honestly, this day has been tiring. I was trying to have a nice day with Kurumi.

Mana: You don’t know who Nightmare really is. No matter how many times she’s killed, or how she’s killed, this spirit appears again and kills more people, as if she’s on a mission for murder. So I kill her, over and over again. And I will continue to kill her, over and over and over….

Indra: *sighs* Sounds to me like you’re playing a losing battle.

Mana: What are?! what do you mean?

Indra: You kill her over and over, but you cant seem to kill her for good. You’re not healing the cut, you’re just slapping a band aid on it.

Mana: Well sorry that I don’t know the ins and outs of her powers.

Indra: It’s late, im going home. Bye Mana.

Indra walked off as I watched him walk away

Back with indra

I got picked up by Fraxinus as Kotori ran up to me.

Kotori: Indra!! We lost contact with you! Are you okay?!

Indra: Im alright. Mana intervened.

Kotori: I see…well, im glad you’re safe.

Indra: *smiles*

Kotori hugged me which caught me off guard.

Kotori: I was so worried…..

Indra: Don’t worry, I don’t go down so easily.