in your arms ✧ albedo

[pov: you spend your final night alive with albedo as humanity goes extinct.]

2:01 ─●──────── 32:24

◁   II   ▷

tw; 

minor description of body-horror, mentions of death, major character death (reader)

it's the end of teyvat and humanity is wiped out.

you and albedo are the only ones left.

listening to his slow breaths, you fall asleep for the last time in his arms.

"...I don't mind dying if it's in your arms." 

You had murmured, small and vulnerable. The world you knew and loved simply decayed at the hands of your crush, beloved and all. (Your everything.) 

 Your tears of anguish had long since dried out, yet still -- warm salty droplets pattered at your face ceaselessly. Gazing up at his stone-cold face, you smiled at the tears that seeped out of those ethereal eyes of his. 

The star you adored that was forever tattooed onto his neck was glowing brighter than usual. It complimented his eyes, you realised, admiring his beauty in the most hopeless of moments.

 It seemed like only days ago when Albedo had explained to you that he couldn't express and feel human emotion properly. You found it amusing that this immovable man who had destroyed Mondstadt and the world of Teyvat, feeling nothing... Would shed the tears that he'd never thought he had, for you... and only you. 

"You are foolish for choosing to stay with me." The alchemist spoke, voice sharp and unwavering. "You should have gone with the others. The humans that you cherish and love."

You would have laughed out loud if it wasn't for your throat failing you. Ironic, is it not? Even till the end, he wouldn't allow himself to understand the fact that you were and still are hopelessly in love with him.

(It was beginning to feel numb from your fingertips up to your shoulders. Your arms decayed uselessly beside you.)

You knew, your place in this fading world was deteriorating... fast. It appeared that time solely was an illusion when you were with him, but you knew you enjoyed every passing moment of this bittersweet illusion. 

"You haven't changed at all." Spluttering, you manage to wheeze out. 

Black, murky fluid began crawling up your throat, spilling past your lips and down your chin. It must be time for you to leave, you blearily think. Everything was so heavy, and you were so, so tired. 

 (Writhing in your temporary pain, you wonder. Perhaps his tears and the arms that tightened around you were a part of this illusion as well?) 

"I don't regret anything, you know." Humming, you felt your fickle heartbeat weaken. 

(Falling for him, following him to the ends of the Earth, taking that hit for him. You didn't mourn anything at all.)

"I... wouldn't have it any other way, my love." 

When the sky fell at his feet, land crumbled at his touch and light ceased to subsist -- you soundly slept for the first... the final time in his arms.  

And the chalk prince screamed.

-

490