good in gold ✧ zhongli

[pov: zhongli has his eyes on you. | a yandere/obsessive playlist]

1:51 ─●──────── 29:04

◁ II ▷

tw;

yandere/ obsessive themes

you shouldn't have signed his contract,

but what are you -- a mere mortal -- to do against a god?

"You look good in gold."

 The god whispered his confessions to you, his voice jarring you down to the core. His eyes pierced your soul and gripped it tight. So, so tight.

The chains around your wrists and ankles were pure gold, but they felt like absolute filth on you. You knew signing that contract was a bad idea, but how could you resist against a deity like him

(Your hand trembles with the pen you hold as you read over the contract; word for word. You don't even feel Zhongli come up behind you, grasping your hand in his - steadying it. He signs it for you.)

These cuffs were blessed by the geo archon himself, but they feel more of a curse than a miracle as they stay interlocked into the ground of Zhongli's abode. 

(You know, that he knows... that these chains will stay in place for eternity, blessed with the power of forever, and cursing the bane that is your life.) 

 The only living beings that Zhongli allows around you, are his most trusted. The Adepti who protect Liyue Harbour with their life. 

 You see them from time to time, and you wonder if it's really alright to continue to call them 'living' when they don't even do as much as blink while he instructs them to keep an eye on you whenever he's away. 

(Sometimes, when it's late at night, you hear the one he calls Xiao suffering from the Karma Zhongli had told you about. It's times like this when you remind yourself that these Adepti are working beneath this god.)

Laying in his home, you hear the chatter of the citizens of Liyue outside. Sometimes, when he isn't here, you longingly look out the tinted window he leaves open whenever he leaves.

You question yourself a lot. Was he reminding you how close you were to freedom, but you couldn't do anything about it? Was he being nice and letting you savour the sky that you barely see nowadays? 

You could never tell what he was thinking with that overwhelmingly calm exterior of his.

(Infrequently, you notice the blue-haired half-adepti give apologetic glances from the corner of her eyes, and your heart jumps to your mouth with hope. But she doesn't do anything more than stare, and your heart drops again.) 

Now, as you lay unmoving in the bed that Z̶h̶o̶n̶g̶l̶i̶  Rex Lapis laid you upon all those years ago. As you feel him caressing your hairline and face, murmuring compliments with that ethereal voice of his. As you hear him proclaim his love for you again, and again, and again... 

This isn't love, you realise. 

"The world outside is dangerous... Monsters and cruel, cruel humans." His eyes glow with every touch against your skin, and you shake. "I am purely doing this for your safety, my beloved." 

This is what it feels like to be a god's obsession. 

 Celestia looks over you hopelessly and you weep. No deity can help you now, as Zhongli sinks his claws deeper and deeper into your shattered mortality. 

"I cherish you, my dearest. You and I, both know this world will change with time... but my love, my desire will stay preserved and I intend to cherish you forever. It is our contract, after all.

And you know better than to break his contracts, don't you? 

605