lazing in flowerbeds ✧ childe

[laying in a field of flowers with Childe]

2:21 ─●──────── 29:15

◁ II ▷

tw;

tooth-rotting fluff

after sneaking from snezhnaya into liyue harbour in a boat,

you and childe laze about in the fields of qingce village,

where he finally realises the feelings he harbours.

"Are we about to kiss right now or what..." 

You joked, a cheeky grin graced upon your lips.

You and the 11th fatui harbinger... No... You and Ajax lay facing each other in the flowering beds of Qingce, the tips of your noses almost brushing against each other. 

 His face went a bright red as he chuckled restlessly, hoisting himself off of the ground and leaning on his arm. Covering the lower half of his face with this non-dominant hand, he looked down at the blooming flowers. They gleamed like the sun, similarly to you. 

(Maybe even brighter.)

Your mouth parted at his flushed cheeks and averting eyes. He was aware you were the only one that would break down his walls and make him feel like this. You were the only one he'd let himself be seen like this. 

Your eyes, your smile, your... Your... You, you, you. He loved you. 

 Oh archons, he loved you. 

 Studying your shocked face from the corner of his eyes, he grinned at his new revelation. He loved you. His closest friend from childhood. His only friend left from his childhood. 

(Sometimes Childe wonders why you chose to stay in contact with him for so long. He still appreciates you for your lingering patience.)

"I didn't come all the way to the Land of Contracts for you to ignore me like this, Ajax." You huffed, playfully punching his side. "You have no clue how many times I nearly fell off that forsaken boat."

 "Sorry, sorry!" Laughing as he dodging your light hits, he laid back down again. "I was just thinking about something." 

 You turned to him, shuffling against the flowering buds. "Oh? A mora for your thoughts?" 

"Don't you have practically nothing on you right now?" He teased, an eyebrow raised. 

Faking a gasp at the accusation, you swiftly faced away from your old friend. Bursting into fruitful laughter at your reaction, he admired you under the warm glow of Liyue. 

It would be a matter of time before these feelings get a hold of him, he inwardly hums. Teucer would love to hear about this predicament that he's caught himself in. 

 All he's gotta do is try and find a way to tell you before his heart gets caught in his throat. (However, for now, he'd be satisfied to cherish you from this distance.)

He really was in deep, wasn't he?

440