Not forgiven

"ANTONETTE!!!" I hear the faint yelling voice of my mom downstairs but I decided to ignore it, besides I'm kind of busy looking at the ceiling right now.

"ANTONETTE!!!"

'How many times do we have to tell that bitch to not call you that?'

"Shhh Nessa I'm trying to think" I whispered to the voice in my head.

Yes I said voice because that's exactly what she is, Vanessa has been with me for as long as I can remember. At first I thought she was some invisible girl talking to me while everyone else thought she was just an imaginary friend.

But after I noticed she sounded a lot like me I've settled on the thought that she was just another person that grew inside me, possibly my twin. Our personalities were the complete opposite so I've decided to let her name herself, there was no way we could be the same person even though my therapists tries to convince me otherwise.

'So you're going to tell me to shut up and not the wrinkly lipped bitch downstairs?'

"Don't be so rude to our mother Nessa it's not nice" I scold her.

'Oh and being not nice is soooo out of character for me' I can hear the sarcasm laced in her voice.

Moments later my bedroom door slammed open revealing my mom's aggravated face "Antonette I know damn well you heard me screaming your name through this goddamn house" she cussed.

I hurriedly sat up on my bed while clutching my bright red stuffed Teddy bear "I'm sorry mommy I was just thinking" I looked down at my bedroom floor.

"About?" She asked with an eyebrow raised while slightly glaring at my plush toy, she was never fond of me keeping it because of the person that gave it to me. She was even more mad when she found out what I decided to name it but I managed to convince her to let me keep it since it's the only thing that ever brought me comfort anymore.

'She's nosey as fuck' Nessa groaned.

"Shhhh" I mumbled hoping my mom didn't hear me "Uhmmm I forgot what it was about" I lied.

"Mhmmm well I'm heading to work so get out of bed and go play or something I don't know just get the day started, your father is in the living room in case you need something" I nodded my head she was about to leave but then turned back to me "don't forget to take your meds, alright?" She gave me a knowing look.

"Yes ma'am" I mumbled, she nodded and left the room keeping my door open.

'Well I guess she heard you, but don't actually take those fucking pills'

"I won't Nessa, I promise" the pills that we're talking about helps me keep bad things out of my head which also means that Nessa goes away for a long time. I've been avoiding taking the pills for the past three days because I miss talking to Nessa this is my first time really talking to my only friend in months.

'Good now let's go' she suddenly says.

"Go where?" I asked scrunching my eyebrows in confusion.

'To the backyard of course we're going to go play'

"Ok" I groaned and slowly got ready for the day.

Once I was all dressed I grabbed Cherry (my teddy bear) off of my bed and raced down the stairs to the backyard.

"Hold it young lady" my dad says not taking his eyes off of the television as I was running through the living room.

"Yes daddy?" I answer and stopped in place.

"Where are you going?"

"Oh I was just going to the backyard to play with Cherry" I said squeezing my plush toy.