Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

MY HANDS instinctively covered my mouth to prevent myself from screaming. Felicity was lying on the floor, her head was injured and a lot of blood started to dry on the floor. There's no one inside the house, but I noticed a bayonet with blood smeared on it. That must have been used to hit Felicity on her head.

Lew immediately approached her and squatted down to check her pulse, but he slowly shook his head as if indicating that we're too late. I felt the lump in my throat as soon as the realization struck me.

Felicity was gone too. Hindi man lang niya nasabi ang dapat niyang sabihin. Isang inosenteng buhay na naman ang kinuha. Ngunit sino nga ba ang may gawa nito?

Galit ako kay Felicity dahil isa siya sa rason kung bakit nakipaghiwalay sa akin si Caleb, pero ngayong nakikita ko ang sinapit niya, nakararamdam ako ng lungkot. No one deserves to be treated this way. All she ever did was to keep a secret and yet she met her fate like this.

Kaagad na tinawagan ni Lew ang ambulansya at ang ilan sa kasamahan nito. Lumabas din kami agad sa bahay dahil uumpisahan din agad ang imbestigasyon pagdating ng mga pulis.

"Someone wants to keep the truth hidden at all cost," narinig kong sabi ni Lew habang nakasandal siya sa kanyang kotse.

Hindi pa rin mawala sa isip ko ang nangyari kay Felicity. Pakiramdam ko'y hanggang pagtulog makikita ko pa rin ito.

Kung kailan handa na niyang isiwalat ang kanyang nalalaman sa pagkamatay ni Selyn ay ganito naman ang nangyari. Tama si Lew. May gustong pumigil sa amin para malaman ang katotohanan at gagawin niya ang lahat para itago ito kahit na patayin pa niya ang lahat ng hahadlang. Una ay si Caleb, ngayon naman si Felicity. Baka sa susunod ay ako na.

I shivered at the thought. I already vowed to myself that whatever happens, I will bring justice to the Tavera Sibling's death and right now, I have to bring that too for Felicity's death.

"This is so frustrating! Bakit palagi na lang siyang nauuna?" tanong ko.

Lew turned to me. "Don't worry, we will soon find out who did this to her and to the Tavera Sibling."

"Why do you sound so sure?"

He stood up when he spotted the ambulance approaching us together with the police mobile.

"The killer accidentally left some bread crumbs of his crime again."

That was the last thing Lew said before the ambulance finally pulled over. The next scene happened like a blur as they took Felicity's body inside the vehicle. The police officers also took a photo of the victim while the others, together with Lew, were already inside the house as the investigation had began.

Luckily, Lew gave me a go-signal to join them too. I watched the Police searched the items inside the house. One has already put the bayonet into a plastic bag. Some were also taking pictures of the crime scene.

"We will forward these samples to the forensic team to determine any footprints left," one of the Police officer said to Lew.

I just stood there as my eyes scanned my surroundings. Iyong mga couch malapit sa kung saan nakahandusay si Felicity kanina ay mukhang nagulo ang pagkakaayos. Indikasyon ito na nanlaban si Felicity. Sinubukan niyang labanan at takasan ang kamatayan.

"Analyze the bayonet too for any trace of fingerprints," narinig kong sabi ni Lew.

Pagkasabi niya 'nun ay nadako sa akin ang paningin niya bago ito napunta sa mga couch. Kanina ko pa pinagmamasdan ang bagay na iyon. Isang parisukat na bagay.