Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I WOKE UP inside this cold and dark cell. The police said I will be detained here for 48 hours unless my so-called victims will press charges on me, in which case, I'd stay here forever. I doubt the possibility that they would not file a case against me. I killed their family members, just like what was shown in all the evidences. The things I only wrote in a novel were now happening to me for real.

Ano na lang ang iisipin ni tita Cecille? Na pinatay ko ang dalawang anak niya? She's probably so mad at me right now that she'll wish I'd be killed too.

Lew left me here last night no matter how much I begged him not to. He left me. The only person I thought I could trust in this world full of deceiving people. The only person I thought who would believe that there was still a trace of innocence in me. Sadly, he believed in those fabricated evidences.

Who would have the capability to twist those evidences if it's not someone with expertise in technology? I've never been to Caritan Sur on the night Felicity died so it's clearly impossible for me to just suddenly appear in that CCTV footage, nor was I able to plant those incriminating evidences in Damien's house. I simply wouldn't do that. It's just so absurd.

Now people think I am the worst criminal. Not just the killer of my friend and ex-boyfriend, but the killer of the wealthy families.

Now, with or without evidence, I strongly believed this was Miguel's doing. Na-sense niya siguro na pinaiimbestigahan ko na siya. Kaya siya biglang lumalapit sa akin. Maybe, I was not careful enough.

But what baffled me was that how on earth did he know that the necklace that Selyn gave me was from the serial killer? How on earth did everything went according to his favor that I am now the serial killer too? Unless, he himself was the serial killer. I internally shiver at the thought. Mukhang imposible naman iyon. While I think of Miguel as the only suspect now of the death of the Tavera siblings, I couldn't imagine him doing those unspeakable things to the members of the upperclass community or the rich people as they say. It's just not him.

One the other hand, there were only few people who could possibly get a strand of my hair. Those near my office or someone who could enter my apartment.

The possibility that Miguel did that was high, but the fact that he framed me up for the serial killings in the city didn't add to this whole puzzle.

Napahilot ako sa aking sentido nang maramdaman ko ulit ang pananakit ng ulo ko. One moment, I was happy because my book was about to get publish and I was elated that Damien was off the hook. One moment, I was making progress, now it's all back to zero and I was here, inside a cell, waiting for my verdict. How could everything feel so right and be wrong in just a snap?

Napukaw ang atensyon ko nang mahagilap ko si Lew mula sa aking kinauupuan kaya naman napatayo ako kaagad. Nandito ba siya para bawiin na ako? Makalalabas na ba ako?

Pero ni isang sulyap, 'di niya man lang nagawa. Para bang isa akong maduming basura sa daan na iniiwasan niya.

I wouldn't blame him. He thought I killed his grandma and that I only played with him, asking him to find the killer of my friends when in fact I was there, the so-called killer, right under his nose.

If that's the case, I wouldn't trust me too.

Maya-maya pa ay may lumapit sa aming selda na isang pulis at lalaking naka-formal attire. He's tall, and got this striking aura. As he walked near me, I almost called him Superman in my mind. There was an air of seriousness in him. He's the lawyer assigned to me last night. He was there during the questioning. I didn't get the chance to completely study him last night because of my problems, but looking at him now, he looked young, yet he seemed to know what he was doing.