Epilogue

I woke up in my bed at lunchtime the next day and It felt like a bad dream. I could still taste human blood in my mouth, and I sat up in bed. It was then I noticed my parents and my brother was sat on the floor playing cards. Outside I could hear parents coming to pick up their children, probably unaware of what happened the night before. I looked out the window to see the bodies had already been cleared up, but the snow was still red from blood. There were two strange lorries with people leading the men dressed in black inside. It was then I realised that they were some sort of prison lorries, and they were getting taken away. Where to I had no idea.

"Hey, little bro you're awake now. You are a tough little guy it seems." My brother smiled at me, getting up to give me a hug. I was about to reply when there was a knock on the door.

"Sorry to disturb you, But Mr Willow is holding an assembly in twenty minutes and requests everyone is there. He told me to come to find you." At first, I didn't realise who it was, just that it was a females voice, but I soon realised it was the librarian Miss Lowhow and I smiled.

Quick as I could I got dressed in the clothes I had left out the night before to travel home in and cleaned my face and brushed my teeth. All parents were invited to the assembly and we all walked across as a family, after finding Aurora. The hall was cold and full of noise, parents were interested in knowing what happened the night before and making sure they were okay. For most, they had only just seen their children since the night before and had no clue other than the school had got attacked. But the hall went silent when Mr Willow stepped onto the stage.

"Good afternoon parents and students. Last night our school was attacked, the reason why seem to be because the group known as Deus Contra Malum wanted them to experiment on them. They seem to think there is a 'cure' for what they are. With the help of some of our students and Mr and |Mrs Ragnarson we were able to take some prisoners and kill the rest. No pupils were lost, no pupils were taken, and we stand here united as victors." Mr Willow paused, and the hall erupted into applause before it fell silent again. "Now there are five pupils who this couldn't have been possible without them. Older pupils will know we have medals of courage for pupils who are outstanding in their time at the school. We normally give these out at the end of the year, but this time I will give them now. So please put your hands together for first years Lisa Gently, Aurora Gunnulf, Barnett and Bridget Garten and Richard Ragnarson."

The hall exploded in applause and I felt my heart race as I made my way to the stage. Aurora was close behind me and clutching my hand tight. One by one we got our medals and I felt so proud as Mr Willow placed them around my neck. It was then I noticed that mine was gold, and my friends were silver. Later, Mr Willow explained because of my involvement and what he heard from my friends I got the medal of greatest honour.

All the way home I kept looking at my medal, as Aurora did with hers, but it was only when I got home, I realised that there was a piece of paper in my pocket. Confused I unfolded it to see it was a letter from Mr Willow.

Richard,

I found this and thought you may want it, have a great Christmas, and see you in the new year.

Confused I looked at the piece of paper which was with it to see the spell to the monster blood I got months ago in the shop in Perth. I knew then that my time at Willow Springs could only get better, but that's another story.