Prologue : Part 1

(Flashback)

???- C'mon Ian! Let's go play!

Ian- Asiah, I don't think we should do this... it seems a little dangerous...

Asiah- Well it wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't

Asiah, a 12 year old girl pulled her older brother, Ian with her towards the woods to play a game of hide and seek.

Ian- Asiah, we really should go back, mom will be mad if she found out

Asiah- Well she won't

Ian- Fine.

Typically, Ian would play with his sister since she didn't have a lot of friends of her own. She was self-conscious about her ears. They were a lot more pointy and elongated compared to others. His were too, but he didn't care about them as much. While Asiah would hide her ears with her long, curly, brown hair, Ian was unable to. His hair wasn't long enough as he had a high top fade. His hair was black and kinky, with a sponge-like texture. Since he couldn't hide them, Ian embraced them. He recognized that they were a part of him as a person and he couldn't change them. Before the school year ended, Ian had very few friends. He had a couple who were more like acquaintances than friends. He was a loner for the most part. He was athletic and was never classified as being nerdy or anything even if he really liked anime and playing cards with his uncle. He was just...him. That's the best best way to describe him. As his own person. His sister, Asiah on the other hand, had a pretty crazy imagination. She was always made fun of due to her being a nerd for witches and magic. She was always coming up with constant ideas. Games for them to play, what to draw. Simple things. She was friends with a girl named Luz who accepted her and her "weirdness" and for that, Ian was eternally grateful. Ian, being 14 was never really involved with them when they came together unless it was to watch them as the oldest.

This day, Ian was playing with his sister, as Luz was doing something with her mom and Asiah had another idea she wanted to try. It was hide and seek with a twist. You would play it in the woods and once you were caught, you would have to race afterward to decide who would be it. Ian thought it was dumb, considering she wasn't as fast as him and didn't have more stamina either, though he wasn't going to tell her that. It was decided that Ian would be the seeker and Asiah would be the hider.

..................................................................

As Asiah is running around, trying to find a hiding space, she finds a shack.

Asiah- He won't find me in here!

As she walks up to the shack, she noticed the door looked a little strange. Its most noticeable feature was a big yellow eye that was carved into the wooden door. She figured it was just a design and opened the door. As she steps through, she finds herself in an old-looking tent filled with random items. There was light coming from the slit in the back meaning wherever she ended up had a light source on the other side. It could be sunlight as this was a tent, but she clearly entered a shack! Unless this shack was really a tent in disguise- wait that's beside the point. Her Imagination had started running wild again. She thought that she should probably just turn around but her curiosity got the better of her. She went forward towards the light and went through. When she exited the tent, she found herself in a little town. But this town was filled to the brim with strange people. Like this person next to her. Wait what? Asiah looked to her left and saw a lady with a bag of seemingly useless items. Well except that diamond necklace the lady pulled out of the bag and threw away like garbage! What was wrong with her!? Did she really not know that that diamond necklace could've at least made her some good money? Just then, the lady looks to her right and makes direct eye contact with Asiah.

.................................................................

As Ian finishes his countdown, he roams the woods looking for his little sister. As he traverses through the rocky, bumpy terrain he combs through every tree, looking for every detail in the woodsy outdoors area. Nothing. After 10 minutes of looking, he found nothing. While the area they are playing in may not be too deep, it's relatively wide. There's also the fact that they had brown skin and could easily blend in when they had on the right outfit. Ian could a little better though because he was a shade or two darker than his sister. She was a little darker than caramel color but she was crafty and that made her harder to find. While combing deeper in the woods, He finds a cabin or shack. He really couldn't tell the difference. Anyway, the door looked strange, but Asiah and her adventurous self would hide in here. He hesitantly opened the door and walked in. He walks into a tent and looks around and sees a whole lot of junk.

Ian- What the hell!?

Ian was confused. He just entered a cabin! How did he end up in a tent!? Just as he contemplates turning around and leaving, the door behind him folds up into a suitcase. He must be hallucinating. There's no way a DOOR should be able to fold up into a suitcase! The suitcase then goes flying towards Ian, as he flinches and steps to the side to dodge it. Despite how it looked, the suitcase passes him without hitting him and goes to the back? front? of the tent. It goes out of the slit there and Ian not having anywhere to go, follows it and hears a familiar voice. Asiah? He steps out of the tent and sees his sister talking around with an odd lady. She was wearing a red dress and had pale skin. Her yellow eyes glowing with curiosity as she stares into his sister's turquoise and brown eyes. At hearing the noise of the tent shuffling, her long pointed ears twitch slightly.

Ian- Hey, what are you doing to my sister!

???-Another human? Hot Dang! It must be my lucky day!

Ian- Pssst, Asiah, what is she on about?

Asiah- She wants our help selling these items.

Ian- Oh. Who would buy this useless junk?

Asiah- Have you looked around at all?

Ian- No.

As Ian turns his head and looks at the town, he realizes, they aren't in Kansas anymore.

............................................................

(Thank you for reading the first chapter of my first story, The Swordsman of Black Magic. This chapter is set 2 years before Luz comes to the Boiling Isles. We've met the main characters, Ian and his sister Asiah. The actual chapters will be longer, but for the prologue, I just want for you readers to get my OCs' personality traits and mindset. Criticism is welcomed but please try to take it easy on me. This is my first story after all. I WILL get better over time but you gotta stay with me for now. Thank you and take care!)