Chapter 2

(Flashback End)

But that was all the past. Our story continues, as in the distance you see a black silhouette.

    All alone, a figure walks slowly through a forest on the Boiling Isles. This part of the forest was dead, and in a decollate location. The figure walks slowly toward a clearing in the woods. It was dark. And not just because it was night-time. The forest was just... dark. It seemed like there was some sort of magic over it. The figure reveals to be Ian, dressed with an all black cloak with a hood covering his head. He had navy blue Capri pants with black boots just below the cutoff. His hair was different too. He still had the same cut, as he was able to find a barber shop on the Isles before he left, but his hair was longer and the top was dyed blue. His eyebrows had two cuts in each and his earrings were square- shaped diamonds. His height had grown to 5'9 and he was now 15. This is 1-year after he enrolled into Hexside. He learned the truth about the coven system and had decided to leave. He talked to principle Bump about his decision and was welcomed back if he wanted. But.. he didn't. He missed his friends and sister but it was for the best. He knew that Eda had unconventional means of teaching. After she learned about him attending Hexside and tried to get him to learn under her still and he agreed. He wanted to learn more than what they were teaching at Hexside and Eda finally stepped up. Though, her lessons seemed weirder when compared to what they were taught at Hexside.

(Flashback)

Ian: Hey Eda, why did you choose to help me now? Why not before?

Eda: Huh... Listen kid, the government here isn't what it seems. It's unfair and goes against the concept of magic.

Ian: What do you mean?

Eda: Did you notice that at Hexside, they only teach you one form of magic? They do that because you need to specialize in one specific type of magic for the Coven system.

Ian: What's that?

Eda: It's a group of witches that come together to study one form of magic for the rest of their natural lives. The worst part is that when you join a coven, they lock away your ability to use all other types of magic.

Ian: ... That's seriously effed up! Magic is supposed to be about the limitless possibilities you can make! It's a creativity outlet! They can't do that!

Eda: The only ones that can use all forms of magic are the Emperor's Coven. They are the lapdogs of the worst being on the entirety of the Isles.

Ian: ......Is that why you are wanted? Because you didn't join a coven?

Eda: Yes. It's also what makes me the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles!

Ian: Don't be too happy about that title Eda. You won't have it anymore soon enough. Actually... enjoy it while you still can!

Eda burst out laughing and snorting at the boy's clearly over-confident tone.

(Flashback End)

    Those were the times. When he could train and have fun. He missed all the fun, but he NEEDED to change this place. Right now, people are being forced to limit themselves. As far as Ian could guess, it was because the current Emperor wanted to retain power. He probably did this so he could never be dethroned. He needed to get stronger, not only to leave this place, but to help the people he cares about here. He thought of it as a bit of a going away present to everyone that helped him along the way.

    As Ian walked through the forest, he felt a sudden pulse in his chest. It felt like it was next to his heart and not actually on his heart. It wasn't his heartbeat. In Hexside, he was never able to use his magic. He had heard from Eda that everyone that was a witch had magic. He concluded that he wasn't a witch and decided that if he couldn't do magic, he should use a weapon. He had been using a katana Eda gave him. She found it in The human realm and took it over to sell it, but no one bought it. It was black katana with navy blue highlights along the blade. The handle was laced in a diamond pattern with a black lace. Underneath the lace was purple stingray skin. The sword's guard was a dragon wrapping around itself and biting it's own tail. On the blade there was a dragon roaring up the flat side. On the other side was the Kanji for 'Dragon'