Chapter 4

.....hello.......wake.......ian..... WAKE UP, IAN

    Ian's eyes shot open and he felt a jolt of pain course through his body. He sat up and looked around him. Again, all he could see was the pitch black. He felt that pain so he isn't dead, but everything hurts. What's worse is he was starting to get hungry.

Ian: Damn it... I didn't make it.

(Uncle): Well of course you didn't. It would take a miracle to get up there in one try. Though you did get up pretty far. You must be some sorta natural.

Ian: Maybe but I'm still trapped and I still didn't get up there. And I'm in pain and hungry and exhausted. I can't move. How long will it take me to recover? How will I gain strength if I can't eat? It sucks... but I have to... for Asiah, and the boiling Isles. I've grown to like it here. I have people I care about here.

(Uncle): Yeah, okay, but how are you gonna do anything if you can't even move. If you're stuck in this hole, how will you protect them? How will you even protect yourself in this world if you can't utilize all your magic potential? Don't let it go to waste. Get up and move forward.

Ian: Easy for you to say. You aren't the one who needs to climb up this cliff, can't move or needs to learn magic.

(Uncle): While that's true, we might be down here awhile. I'll heal you and then I will teach you the basics. 

Ian: Okay. Bet. Once I'm out of this hole, I'm going to beat these challenges and then change the Boiling Isles and go home.

(Uncle): Yeah, yeah. Don't get ahead of yourself.

   After his uncle heals him, Ian gets up and starts his training. He had to first learn the basics of magic and then go on to more advanced levels. As Ian starts to get the hang of basic spells, such as a fireball, light ball, and etc.  Once he learned everything that was considered the easiest, he moved on to more advanced things. Since he learned every basic spell extremely fast, he got permission to try from his uncle and tried climbing the wall again, and again, and again. Each time he fell and was never even close to getting to the top. After awhile, he got healed and stopped trying. It seemed hopeless. Like all the training he did went to waste. Wait. Maybe he was going about his magic all wrong. Before what he heard from his uncle and seen in that flashback he saw, he didn't use his magic to make shapes, even though now he could, he used his magic as some sort of body enhancer! That's why it appeared around him! He must have unconsciously did it when he focused hard enough on something! What if he used his newly obtained magical prowess and control, he should be able to do it! After Some practice with his magical boosting, he finally got the green light.

(Uncle): Okay. You should be able to get up there now.

Ian: Okay. I'll try.

   Ian, now able to somewhat use his magic, walks back slowly. He then erupts into a sprint and runs up the wall. Once his feet hit the wall, Ian concentrated on the wall and his feet. He then started to sprint up the wall as fast as he could, with his magic flaring around him. It appeared as a vapor and wasn't just outlining his body. He felt himself accelerate with every step he took.n He gathered as much courage as he could muster and opened his eyes as he ran. Everything around him started moving slower and slower until...

Crash!

 He had made it! He was out of that hole! Ian heard clapping erupting from his right side.

Bat Queen: I'm shocked you made it out! My my, you must be quite the prodigy!  Even I didn't expect you to make it out in 5 days!

Ian: I'm shocked too, but, that's beside the point. What is my next trial?

Bat Queen: Quite the impatient child too huh? Well anyway, Your next trial will be...

....................................................................

   Where was he? She had absolutely no clue. She had asked all around. Nobody would tell her. She was worried. Her older brother was in a strange world lost and no one seemed to care. Asiah had been out of it since her brother's disappearance and had been contemplating leaving to look for him. Eda would brush it off by saying 'He's a big boy, he can take care of himself.' Even though he was older, Asiah didn't believe that. This world was filled with magic and monsters, she was to believe her human brother, no magic or training, could handle even a low-rank witch? No. She wasn't standing for that. She knew what Ian was feeling all that time ago. She knew that he was taking a huge burden on his shoulders trying to get them home and she knew he was crying about it, feeling stressed out. On top of that, she could sense Eda's very slight but detectable worry for her brother. It had been about a year ago that he disappeared and even his best friends, the twins, didn't know where he was. She was being droved insane, she needed answers. 

Asiah: Eda, where is my brother!? And don't try lying to me! Not anymore! If you don't tell me where he is, I'll leave and go look for him!

Eda: Look, kid. Calm down-

Asiah: Don't tell me to calm down! He is my brother. My only brother! I won't lose him to some crazy-ass fantasy world! He is somewhere he isn't familiar with! He won't be able to last here without protection!

Eda: And here you are, saying you will go out and get him! If he can't do it, then you can't either! He is a strong kid. He is fine. But, you're right. I know where he is...

Asiah: Where is he?

Eda: He is with a trusted friend.

......................................................

Ian: You want me to fight ten of those?! And without using attack magic?! That's like committing myself to death!

(Uncle): Kid, look at it like this. If you get through this, you will come out stronger.

Ian: That is true... Fine! For my friends and family,  I will slay these beasts!

Bat Queen: That's the spirit!

......................................................................................

(Hey guys! Thanks for reading this chapter! I'm starting school really soon, so my upload schedule is no longer absolute. It will change with the amount of activity I have after school. It comes first after all! Anyway, I was gone for a while, but I will be starting a new story on fanfiction.net. It will be a Naruto story, but in the future after Boruto! This means O.C cast and a lot of prep. I hope you all understand. I will tell you when the first chapter of that is up if you are interested in reading it.)