Chapter 5

Timeskip

    The sound of flesh ripping apart echoes as blurred flashes of a kid in a black cloak streak across the large cave opening. Giant beasts, all about the size of an African Elephant, surrounding the area. As the black flash zips around the area, it flings splashes of red around the battlefield with it. This turns out to be Ian, now about 5 months into training. His hair highlights blue at the tips as he steps out of the cave. He had splashes of red around his face and clothing, as he swings his sword through the air, intentionally cleaning his black and blue blade.

Ian: Ugh. This blood disgusts me. I need a shower. Bad. I smell like death and decay... Oi! Bat Queen! Is there anywhere to bathe around here?!

B.Q: You didn't know there was one? What have you been doing the last 5 months!?

Ian: After I learned how to do magic with Uncle, I used magic to wash.

B.Q: That's actually pretty smart. Anyway, there is one in the woods nearby.

Ian: Okay! Thank you!

He said with a smile as he ran to bathe. When the time came, Ian started to take off his sword and the black cloak he had on. This left him shirtless as he heard a noise coming from the bushes. Gaining, a serious glint in his eyes, he turned to the spot the noise was heard and grabbed his sword from off of the ground.

Ian: Who's there! Come out and I'll think about not harming you!

   A figure came out of the bushes. It was... a girl. She was small with brown hair that was dyed green. He could tell because of the brown hair at her roots and the fact that the green was two different tones at the side and top of her head. The top was dark green and tied in a ponytail while the sides and back were light green and left hanging. She was extremely red at seeing the boy half-naked, especially since all his training was paying off. While it was true that she was red, that isn't what caught Ian's eye. She looked very similar to his friends from Hexside, Edric and Emira. The only thing was she was a bit younger-looking. She was related to them. Younger sister. This was Amity. The twins' younger sister. He looked deep into her yellow eyes.

Ian: Oh. A kid. Are you okay? Are you lost?

Amity: A-are y-y-you t-talking t-to me?

Ian sweatdropped while looking at the girl.

Ian: Well you are the only other person here...

Amity: O-oh um, I'm okay. I just come here to clear my mind...

Ian: The fact that you are here now means something is still on it. Fine. I'll put off my bath for now.

Ian then takes a seat and pats the space next to him.

Ian: Here. I'll hear you out. Have a seat. It should help to have someone listening to you.

Amity: Um I don't know... I shouldn't talk to strangers about my personal issues. Besides, I don't want to bore you.

Ian: How about this. I'll tell you about myself and if you feel comfortable, then tell me what you feel comfortable sharing.

Amity: I guess. Okay, sure.

First things first, my name is Ian Tempest. I'm not originally from this place. I have three sisters and I lived with them and my mom while our dad was overseas for work...

Timeskip

Ian: Okay, your turn!

Amity: My name is Amity Blight. I live with my mom, dad, older brother, and older sister. I want to have my parents accept me. I want them to acknowledge me. I also want to be in the Emporer's Coven.