Chapter 1

1 Week later

    It had been about a week since Ian and Asiah had come to the Owl House. The two slept in the same spare room that Eda just happened to have in the house. While typically in the human realm, Asiah would get into trouble, Ian was the one getting into trouble here. He and King were always fighting and whenever he went out to do a chore for Eda, he always got into some altercation with a person in the village. Not meaning he started them, he just finished them somehow. It didn't happen much before so it was never really a big deal, but Ian didn't like being outspoken. On the rare occasion he got into an argument back home, he would always tend to get really loud. There were actually many things you wouldn't know about Ian that you would find out if you were there. He was very, very protective of his sisters. That's right. Sisters. Plural. Ian actually has three sisters with Asiah included. The main reason he really needed to get home was that he was the man of the house. He has both parents in his life, but his dad was away on a business trip for a big company. Ian needed to be there for his mom and sisters but in his current situation, he couldn't be there. It was tearing away at him. Slowly but surely. His actions were more instinctive instead of thought out right now and it didn't help that Eda wasn't teaching him about this new world. He knew that magic and monsters existed here. He also learned that the environment and even weather were different here. The trees were red and admittedly kinda cool looking. It was still a wonder that they could even breathe here. The color scheme of this, thing, they were on was like Halloween colors. The main colors of this island or whatever it was, were Orange and Red. Ian right now was at the Owl house, where he would find out another secret of this place.

Ian: Huh, I still don't know anything about this world! How am I supposed to adapt to the point where we could leave? Eda just won't teach me anything... and it's starting to get a little boring with no one to talk to that isn't me or Asiah. Also, King is driving me crazy! How am I supposed to get home if I go insane before I can try!! I'm only 14! Why do I have to deal with this! What am I supposed to do! I'm not responsible enough to take care of Asiah and myself in a world I'm not accustomed to! Dammit!

    Ian was losing it. He had only been here a week and he was already stressing more than an adult with upcoming bills. There wasn't a lot he could do right now. Clearly, relying on Eda to help him with learning was a mistake, but what other choice did they have! She's the only one he trusts here besides himself(normally) and Asiah. She was the only one he knew that could use magic, and she seemed pretty good with it. His mind felt like it was shattering. Maybe, he could-

???: Heeyy! Are you okay? Hoot!

Ian: ... Who's there!

    Ian's eyes darted back and forth, quickly analyzing the entire room. Everything seemed normal. That was until he looked at the window in the middle of the room. Outside of the opened window, there was this, thing. It looked like a cartoon owl. Astonished and slightly creeped out by what he was seeing, he went to take a closer look at the thing. It was a light brown cartoon bird face with chocolate brown eyes. It had 5 lines on its jawbone if it had one, and brown feathers in the shape of a widow's peak on the crown of its head.

???: Uhhh, Hey!? Hoot!

Ian: AHHHH!

    Ian jumped back in surprise, as the thing in front of him spoke up once again. As Ian fell on his rear-end, the creature extended its feather-cover body into the room. Ian was in total shock at what he was seeing. He had just seen a damn bird's head extend its "body" into his window!

Ian: E-E-E-E-EDAAAA!

Eda comes running into the room at the earsplitting shout Ian had just let out. Asiah, who was, at the time, downstairs came running at hearing her older brother's bloodcurdling scream.