Chapter 3

........................................................................................

???: Where Do You think you're going?

Ian: Home...

   Ian lied through his teeth. He wasn't going to go home after he got out of this. He was probably going to wander some more. He watched the figure in front of him with confusion laced with disgust on his face. He shouldn't be surprised, but yet he was, at how ugly and unnatural this thing was.

???: You aren't going anywhere!

Ian: But I am, you giant genetic fuck-up.

???: Is that part of your Human language, boy? It is odd sounding.

Ian: It is. It's actually a pretty big part of it... It's called cursing.

???: Cursing? Like a terrible spell cast on you, type of curse?

Ian: Not really but both are bad I suppose. Anyway, who are you to tell me where I can and can't go!

Bat Queen: I am the Bat Queen! I am the protector of all abandoned or mistreated Palisman in the Isles.

Ian: I'm not even sure what that is, but I'm sure I'm not one so you don't have any control over me. Besides, why do you get to decide if a Palisman or whatever it's called is mistreated? I understand if it came to you, but what if the owner made a mistake? It doesn't seem fair.

Bat Queen: You're Ian Tempest, aren't you? You shouldn't talk about any type of justice considering what you did was just as bad if not worse than abandoning a close friend. You betrayed your own little sister.

Ian: SHUT UP! You don't know anything about my situation or ME! Just let me go already!...

Bat Queen: NO! For your crimes against your family, you shall deal with the consequences!

    All of a sudden, the glowing eyes around him started to come closer to him. He stands up and gets in a stance, but he finally notices as he reaches for his sword. He grasped at air and his eyes soared through the cave and focused on one spot. The spot his sword was. It was currently in the Bat Queen's grasp as she was holding his sword in her talons.

Bat Queen: Looking for this?

Ian gritted his teeth as he was pulled from multiple spots by other strange animals. He was strung up in silk and brought further into the cave as the animals carry him.

Bat Queen: It's time for your trials!

Ian:...Excuse me?

Bat Queen: If you can get through these series of challenges over the course of the next 2 months, I'll let you go.

Ian: 2 MONTHS!! Are you kidding me!!

Bat Queen: No. To prove yourself worthy as a family member you must show you actually have the strength to protect.

CHALLENGE 1

Ian: You want me to climb to the top of this hole? How? I'm on top of it already.

Out of the blue, the Bat queen nudges him forward and he falls down the hole.

Ian: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

    Ian had to think fast or he would die! The Bat Queen had knocked him 5 miles down! Did she want him to die! Ian had twisted his body so that he could get it to move toward the edge. He then used the momentum of falling to run down the wall and jump off while opening his cloak as a sort of hang glider. Luckily, he was successful with his attempt and the air caused the cloak to open and his fall slowed down. He landed without breaking anything although it hurt like hell. As he got up from his fall, he looked up and gulped in worry. He wouldn't be capable of climbing this whole thing by himself. He was all alone down here. No one could see him. No one could hear him. No one could help him. He was isolated. He couldn't rely on anyone other than himself to get him out of this. He sat down again to think. His thoughts as he was sitting there, alone in the dark hole drifted around. He started thinking about Eda, who even though she had no obligation to, took them in, then to King, as annoying as he was, Ian admitted that he was entertaining. He was important to him, even if they didn't get along the best. Next on his subconscious was his friend, Hooty. Hooty was someone he could confide in. He was a good listener as well as a good friend all around. Ian knew that he was Hooty's first real friend, and felt bad for leaving, but he needed to get stronger. Hooty helped him when he worked out, got him water when he needed and even tried to help him learn magic. That led to Ian's next thoughts. The Blight twins. His best friends. They always goofed around in their classes and were always causing some sort of trouble. They were the first people his age Ian had interacted with since coming here, and they were always so much fun to hang around with. They had made many memorable moments together, like when they decided to play a prank on their little sister, Amity, or as they called her, Mittens. Ian and Amity got along okay the one or two times they met alone, but once Ian and the twins got together, something was going to happen. Whether good or bad, they always had each other's back. Ian also harbored a bit of a crush on the female twin, as in his eyes she was beautiful, smart(even when she didn't try to act like it), brave in her own way, and she was just fun. She was an attractive person as a whole. Ian also peeped that she also had a crush on him, but never pursued anything because he didn't want to have the heart-aching side effect of him being from another world. He would have to leave eventually. This leads him to his final thought of the moment. His sister, Asiah. Asiah was never really a talkative person. She preferred to keep to herself and was extremely shy. He felt bad about leaving her there but knew that when he inevitably came back, he would be strong enough to protect them and make their trip home. Hey, at least this could be training. All of a sudden, Ian felt a pulsating throughout his whole body.