Arc 1 Chapter 5: End of the day in the capital city

«Oh my my» A woman with black robes appeared in front of him «I found someone interesting».

She licked her own lips while she said those words, like she was excited to see Ken standing there.

Reinhard words echoed into his mind.

"Provocative black robes with purple details".

«Fuck» Ken whispered to himself «The Bowel Hunter».

«Your scent» The woman said walking forward «You are not scared of me even if you know who I am».

«How can I be scared of a walking corpse» Ken said with a bold voice «Literally...».

The woman who was in front of him was strange, she was on the edge between being alive and being dead. Ken never seen something like that.

«You are good with words» Elsa put a hand on her hip «But I'm only interested in your guts».

«Why all the people I meet are freaks?» Ken sighed.

He blinked and she disappeared.

«Uh? Where-» He felt a hand gently caressing his abdomen.

He steadily turned his head and found the Bowel Hunter right at his side.

Meanwhile, inside the loot house, Emilia surrounded herself with ice cones.

«This time you won't get away» Her voice was as cold as her magic.

Subaru stared at her, he wasn't sure of what was happening or why she was there. He then noticed the flower-like brooch on her clothes. The same brooch that little girl gave them before his first death.

"She didn't change at all. No matter how many times I start over this world, she is still the same caring and kind girl that helped me back then".

He then cracked a smile "I'm doing the right thing, retrieving her insignia is the right thing to do".

«Why are you smiling?» Felt asked to Subaru with a worried voice «This was your plan from the start, right? You sold us».

«Ehh?!» Subaru gasped «I-I didn't do anything like that, I swear».

«Tsk!» Felt was offended by Subaru, she thought that the black haired guy was lying, then she turned her head towards the old giant and asked him «What about you Old Man Rom? Are you really giving up before fight?».

«She is a trouble» The old man said without even questioning the idea he had of her «Are you a pure blooded elf?».

«Not really» Emilia sighed «I'm-».

Their discussion was interrupted by Ken. The four of them saw him breaking the door and flying towards the counter of the loot house.

He destroyed the door, some tables and the counter in the process, landing near Rom's position.

He slowly raised his head and found the old giant man, Rom, staring at him with a confused look.

«What are you...» Rom said.

Ken vision became red, he touched his forehead and felt something sticky.

«Ouch» His head hurt like hell and blood started to came out from his forehead.

The blood fell inside his left eye, dying his purple and cyan eye with red.

«HEY YOU» Felt said with «YOU INTERRUPTED OUR DISCUSSION».

«Sorry for that» He said with a bit of irony in his voice «Next time I'll ask her to slam me gently towards another building».

«H-her?!» Subaru's eyes widened «E-Elsa?!».