Arc 1 Interlude: A worthy reward

A/N

-Sooo why am I publishing the interlude now?

Because it's part of Arc 1 and I find annoying having this chapter unpublished.

-Is Arc 2 ready?

Ehhh no (lol), I'm working on it and I'll start to publish it when a good amount of chapters will be ready.

The interlude serves as a bridge between Arc 1 and Arc 2.

I have no idea when I'll update the story again but hey:

You can enjoy this chapter for now :)

See you soon!

«HEY» Subaru ran through the ruins, trying to reach Ken's body.

Ken was kneeling at the center of the loot house's ruins, Elsa was nowhere to be seen. Despite his athletic body, Subaru risked several times to break his legs while he ran towards the knight.

He ran as fast as he could, trying to avoid any obstacles and, when he reached his position, he kneeled down, putting his hands on his shoulders.

«W-wait...» Subaru stared at Ken's body, burned, damaged, injured. He tried to check his heartbeat but... Nothing... He wasn't able to feel it.

«I-Is he still alive?» Subaru panicked, he didn't want him to die, he never wanted it. His mind tried to elaborate what he was seeing and something popped up in his mind: "If I kill myself, I can repeat this day again and save him but... I don't want to die, not now. What do I do? What do I do??"

Smoke was coming out from Ken's body, while his eyes where pupilless.

Emilia reached their position along with the red haired knight Reinhard and put her hands towards Ken.

«Let me check» The elven girl said and immediately after her hands were covered by a blueish light.

«Yeah... He is alive» Emilia said after a few seconds, her words were enough for Subaru to calm down «But he should lay down. His conditions aren't good and they could get worse than that».

She grabbed the upper part of his body and said «Help me».

«Y-yeah» Subaru grabbed his legs and, after a few tries, the two of them successfully laid him down.

Emilia continued to heal Ken while Subaru's eyes wandered around. He tried to figure out where Elsa was. She wasn't near Ken but it was impossible for her to be alive. Not after that explosion.

«So» Subaru stared directly at Emilia and asked «What should we do now?».

«He must rest» Emilia was still trying to heal Ken. He was out of risks but she was still worried about him «That's our priority now»

«Why are you staring at me in that way?» She turned her head towards Subaru. The black haired guy stared at her silently, taken aback by her stunning beauty.

He had a sort of deja vu, remembering when she healed him back in the first loop.

«It's rude» She concluded with an angry voice.

«It's just...» Subaru scratched his head, remembering what happened to him and her during that day, during all the loops «You still have your arms... Your legs... Even your head...».

He was interrupted by Emilia's childish voice.

«Of course i do» She pouted «Don't say such scary things».

«Yeah... It's obvious» Subaru said, almost making fun of his dumbness, she didn't remember anything «I still have my arms too».

Subaru stared both of his arms.