Chapter One- Sang POV

**Author's Note: conversation in italics means it is in a different language. This chapter the italics are Russian.**

Seven months later...

There were a few advantages I received from my significant other.

With him, he provided me with a home. Money. As well as a way to provide for myself. He helped me get a job within the marketplace. I didn't have to provide documentation and they paid me in cash.

This came in handy when a few months back, I found out I was pregnant. At first, I didn't know what I was going to do. I could barely take care of myself and now I had someone else to look after. Yet, I knew that this was the only possibility. I couldn't imagine not having this baby. They were a part of myself and my love. I wished he was here with us, but things were complicated and that wasn't an option. At least not right now.

However, now I was much bigger and things were getting difficult. I couldn't stand at work for long periods of time without feeling faint. It didn't help that most of the food that I was eating wasn't staying down either. My boss was starting to get irritated with me because I spent more time sick and not at work than there. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. Where to go from here.

I had no family. No real friends. No one to help me with anything.

Going to the doctor was a luxury as well. I just didn't go. I knew I would have to go in order to give birth, but there was so much about my life that I wasn't sure exactly what would happen if I went. Instead, I purchased baby books and bought stuff at the pharmacy I read about needing. At nearly eight months pregnant, I knew that time was fast approaching. Though the thought absolutely terrified me. My home had the bare minimum for what I need to care for a baby. I'd found a bassinet, a changing table, and an old rocking chair. I've purchased some warmer, gender neutral clothes as well as diapers and formula. I wanted to try and breastfeed, but I wanted to be prepared in case I didn't produce enough or the baby couldn't grasp the concept.

I was getting excited for the baby, but also extremely terrified. Never in my life did I picture myself here. I'd only entertained the idea because of my love. He was the one who wanted a big family. Yet, here I am raising our child on my own. Doing everything on my own right now. This wasn't what I had wanted for myself. None of this was how I thought things would pan out. I have to make the best of it. For myself and my baby. They won't know the life I knew. I want the best for them. I know it will be hard, but I will do everything in my power to make sure they have everything their heart contends.

In whatever means possible.

Getting ready for work, I feel a sharp pain in my back. I don't think much of it. I've read about Braxton Hicks contractions and assume that is what this is. I dress warmly, winters in Russia are no laughing matter, and grab the necessities before making my way out the door and to the marketplace. The entire walk my hand is on my lower back applying pressure. My teeth are gritted as I power through the pain. I'm not sure how long or how often they should last, but it is getting to an almost unbearable level. I can't afford to miss today. Pretty sure it would be the last string for my boss and he would fire me. His wife is a little more understanding, but she would never speak out against her husband. As much as I wish she would, I understand her reasoning. Russian men are dominant. Most of the time it's an endearing quality. It was one of the things that drew me into my love.

It seemed at times it was so hard to say no to him. He would get this look on his face, not quite pouty but close, and I would cave everytime. I was submissive in nature to begin with thanks to my family, but he tried to help me overcome that. To be more assertive with my words and actions. While I've done a lot for myself, with him it was much harder. His personality was so domineering, so commanding. I know the reasons why he was the way he was. Why he needed to be so commanding and harsh. It should have scared me away, had me running for the hills, but for whatever reason it comforted me. I knew that he could protect me, and would do anything in his power to provide for me. He'd done so much for me in the last several years, not only for me physically, but as well as mentally and emotionally. I relied on him so much. So much and now he wasn't here.