Chapter Six- North's POV

"Lucian!" I bellowed from the living room. My stupid brother had wrapped my jeep in cellophane and shaving cream sometime in the night and I'd found it this morning. My feet carried me through the house in search of him. He'd get a piece of my fist to his stomach then he would clean up his mess while I supervised.

Instead, I found my Uncle.

"What?" I snapped at him, trying to go around him and up the stairs toward Lucian's room.

"He isn't here so you can quit your yelling," my Uncle griped.

Blowing a breath out, I tried to rein in my anger. It didn't help that I had a short fuse, but it seemed like the little shit liked pressing my buttons to see how hard I'd blow. No doubt he had assistance in his little project and the two suspects headed off to a safe place to hide out. I was pretty sure I knew exactly who helped and where they were. Unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of chasing them down to dole out their punishment. I'd bid my time and catch them off guard. Two could play in this game.

"Alright. Sorry."

I stomped out of the house, not waiting to hear what Uncle had to say. My jeep needed to be uncovered then I needed to head to work.

The garage was quiet when I got in. Granted, it was still fairly early in the morning, but Brandon wasn't coming in today either. I had the place to myself. There weren't many things on the agenda to be done today, so I made myself busy tinkering with a few vehicles we had on the lot. Most of them were Academy owned cars that needed routine tune-ups. We had a few that were involved in accidents and needed repairs or to be declared salvage and used for parts.

I loved my job. Both with the Academy and the garage. Though I didn't necessarily consider the garage a job. It was more like a hobby. Something to pass the time between missions and to let off steam. A habit I took advantage of more times than I'd like to admit.

I'd been at the garage for a few hours when I received a call from one of my brothers, Sean.

"What's up?"

"Hey, I need a favor North. I'll owe you one."

"Whoa. Okay. What's going on? What do you need? Do I need to come to the hospital?"

"No. No, nothing like that. One of my co-workers is stranded on the side of the road with her son and needs a tow. She's sending me her location shortly. Think you can swing by and get her?"

"Yeah, that's no problem. She Academy?"

"Yes. She's related to Buble. His daughter."

"Ah. So what you aren't saying is be on my best behavior, right?"

Sean gave a chuckle before confirming.

"Alright. Shoot me a text when you get her location. And send her my contact information. Don't want her to be surprised when I come up to her."

"Thanks, North. Again, I owe you one."

He hangs up leaving me to get things ready. I decide I'll pick her and her kid up first before coming back for the vehicle. It will be easier to maneuver around town in the jeep if I need to take her somewhere specific. The tow truck is a bitch to drive downtown.

Fifteen minutes later, I finally drove to her location and pulled up behind her. It's a nice enough looking vehicle, not something I would see breaking down. Unless something happened prior. Maybe an accident? I won't know until I ask her a few questions to see what might be the problem.

Exiting the jeep, I make my way toward the back of the car before I see her step out as well. She stands straight and takes me in. Most people's first impressions of me are nervousness and fear. That wasn't the case with her. It didn't seem possible. She was a tiny little thing. Very beautiful. I was momentarily stunned by her appearance. Not at all what I had been expecting when she stepped out. I wasn't sure exactly what I had expected, but I knew it wasn't this. It was her voice that broke me from my staring.