Chapter Three- Sang's POV

One year later...

"Sang, honey, are you ready to go?"

A lot has happened in the last year.

I gave birth to a beautiful little boy who I named Lev Ravenstahl Sorenson, though I call him my little raven. One day I will tell him the significance of the nickname, but right now it is my little secret. Also, Mr. Buble, the stranger who helped me during labor, stuck around.

After labor and delivery was complete, I was in a bliss state. I had a beautiful little boy who was absolutely healthy despite all the worries I'd had about my eating habits and my own health while carrying him. I hadn't yet considered what would happen once I left the hospital. The basics were understood, but I had so much to consider, yet they hadn't once entered my brain then.

Luckily, Mr. Buble took care of things. He had given me time with my baby boy, but then the hard questions came. Questions I was reluctant to share with him, but eventually gave in. He followed me back to my apartment, looking over my living conditions, and offered me a solution. Something that was so hard to believe that at first I turned down. It took Mr. Buble several months to convince me he was a good guy and only wanted to help.

He moved me into his apartment. It was a nice three bedroom place with lovely furnishings and other over the top accomodations. As we got closer, we both revealed more about ourselves. I was still skeptical about his reasoning but needed someone to confide in. To be a sounding board as well as a male role model, not only for my baby, but me as well. I'd had so few males in my life that I wasn't sure what their actual purpose in my life was. My father was an absentee and turned a blind eye to many wrongdoings within his household. My love was a pillar of strength for love, affection, and strength, but he'd been ripped away from me before many of his teachings could hold firm. Mr. Buble was something else. He was much like my love, but I viewed him as a father figure. A statement that would take many more months before I was willing to let him know such a thing.

We'd been living here together for eight months now. He'd given me so much to learn about myself. Like how I didn't exist to the government. Mr. Buble had done a background check on me after we'd left the hospital and learned many aspects of my life that I hadn't known. My mother wasn't my mother, but my stepmother. We couldn't find anything about my birth mother and there was no way I was willing to let Mr. Buble confront my father. Not after what I'd seen the last time I was in his presence. I didn't trust what would happen when those questions started being asked. We could only speculate as to why my father hid my birth. I wasn't too worried about it, though it did cause some work for Mr. Buble.

He told me about what he did for a living. Working for a place called the Academy, an undercover mission for people wanting to do good for those around them. It involved many people that reported to local authorities who couldn't get the necessary information they needed to solve problems. Whether that was abuse of a child or wife or embezzling money in businesses. It intrigued me what he did, but it also allowed me to understand more about him and the things he did. He told me that once he learned of my ghost status, he went into the hospital to erase any trace of me from within. Both paperwise and electronically. No one would come looking for me, but he didn't want it messing with my status in the government.

I'd also learned that Mr. Buble was an American citizen. He was in Russia for a mission, but decided to take a longer stay after meeting me. He was still helping the local Academy members with missions but I was his main focus. The Academy was interesting to me and I wanted to know more about it, but at the moment my main focus was my son. I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible and Mr. Buble made that possible. He provided me with a home and money without asking for anything in return. All he wanted was to care for me. In the beginning, it struck me as odd. I didn't understand how someone would willingly open up their home to a virtual stranger and want to give them so much. It was learning of the Academy that made it easier to understand.