Chapter Seven- North's POV

I was never going to live this down. The guys will give me a hard time for the rest of my life. Why couldn't I keep my big mouth shut? I didn't need to stick my head into business that wasn't my own. There were several reasons behind why this didn't concern me. The biggest one being, what loyalty did I have to that big oaf? Sure, we had a tentative friendship, mainly because I worked with one of his teammates, but that didn't mean I owed anything to him. Another was there were several reasons as to why he didn't know about the kid.

With how Sang reacted, it was safe to assume that Lev was his child. The similarities were too closely resembling for him not to be. Though he was the perfect combination of Sang and him. However, that didn't explain why Sang acted as she did. Why the shock?

It didn't matter right now. What mattered was making sure she was okay. I contemplated calling the Doc, but I knew he was busy at the hospital today. There wasn't much that could be done for Sang. Not really. She hadn't fallen too hard, but she had to be uncomfortable lying on the cold floor. Gently picking her up, I carried her into the living room and placed her on the couch. There was a throw blanket draped along the back of the couch that I grabbed and placed over her before walking back into the kitchen. My head was spinning with the information I'd uncovered. There was a lot I didn't know, but I knew it was important. Something I couldn't handle on my own. I knew that for certain. I needed someone with a clear mind and would look at this objectively. My first thought was Silas. He was the calmest of my brothers, but he didn't have the authority to demand answers despite his intimidating stature. No, I need one person. The only one that made any sense in this sense. Mr. Blackbourne.

"Blackbourne."

"Hey, I'm going to send you my location. I need you to come as quickly as you can to help run interference."

"What is going on Mr. Taylor?"

"I'll explain more once you get here. I promise. I'd just feel more comfortable if you were here as a mitigator."

"You are not helping your case Mr. Taylor, but I'll be there shortly. Send me the location."

Disconnecting, I debated if I should call this person or not. In the end, I decided against it. Instead I called his team liaison. I'll let him decide what the best course of action would be. First, I sent my location to Mr. B and then hit the contact number for the other person on my list.

"Toma. What can I do for ya North?"

"Axel. Hey. I have a situation here that I think one of your team members should be made aware of, but I'm unsure how to proceed. Mr. Blackbourne is on his way and I wanted to ask your opinion on what I should do next."

"Keep talking."

"I have a bird here that has a baby chick that seemed familiar. It wasn't until they spoke that the pieces clicked into place. Once I confronted her about the possibility, she seemed surprised that I put two and two together and came out with five. I think there are two sides to this story and neither party has the whole picture. All I know is that if I was in their shoes, I'd want to know the truth. Even if it hurts one or both of them."

"North, you're not making any sense right now. Just spit out what it is you think you know and I'll tell you what I think."

There was no easy way to say what I needed to. I still hadn't quite wrapped my head around what was happening. Didn't know if I even had all the facts worked out just yet. I knew there was a lot to the story I was missing out on, but I had the general gist of what was in front of me.

"I found Raven's child."

Silence rang on the other end. I thought I lost service, but when I pulled the phone back I saw that I was still connected.

"Axel? You there?"

"Send me your location. I want details before I bring this to him."

"So it's true? He has a kid?"

"North," Axel barked down the line. "Send it now. I'll talk to you once I get there."

Axel hung up before I could respond, leaving me to stare at my phone in stunned silence. My fingers quickly sent off my location to him as well. My feet began pacing the floor of the kitchen.

Just as the doorbell rang in the foyer, a groan sounded from the living room. Deciding that Sang would need a moment to come to, I headed toward the door to see who was there. My guess was Mr. Blackbourne. It'd been enough time for him to make his way here if he was at his own home. To my surprise, Axel was also with him.

"Gentlemen," I spoke as quietly as possible, hoping to not alert Sang to their presence just yet. "The bird is in the living room. She just arose after fainting a few moments ago. I want to talk to her before I bring you both in. We need to get her side of things before we start throwing accusations at her. From what I've seen, I don't think she has done this maliciously."

"Done what, Mr. Taylor?"

Both Mr. Blackbourne and Axel were staring at me expectantly.

"I have reason to believe that Sang is the mother of Raven's son."

Neither said a word.

Not letting that deter me, I start to turn before addressing the newcomers once more.

"Let me talk to her first before you barge in. I hit her with this too out of left field. She was shocked but I'm not sure why. I want to talk to her and see if I can figure it out."

I didn't give them time to respond, just took off into the living room leaving them standing in the foyer. When I stepped into the doorway of the room, Sang looked over to me. Her eyes are rimmed red indicating she's either about to cry or she's just finished. I didn't hear any sniffling earlier so I'm thinking she's holding back her tears from me. She doesn't want me seeing her vulnerable like that.

"Hey," she whispers quietly, "Who was at the door?"

"Oh, some friends of mine I'd like to introduce you to in a little while, but first I want to talk to you. I'm sorry for springing that on you. I didn't mean to scare or shock you like that. Though I should have known it wouldn't go like I had imagined."

"It's okay," her voice is still quiet.

I go to her sitting on the coffee table placed in front of the sofa where I'd laid her earlier. She avoids my eyes and as much as I want her to look at me, I don't force it. This is going to be hard enough on her I'm sure.

"There are only a few people who know Raven's first name and while I'm not one of them, I know a few who are."

"Yevgeny."

"What is that?"

"His name is Yevgeny Ravenstahl. If he is the man you think he is, the father of my son, that is his name."

Her confession was a surprise to me.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

I don't think she is going to respond at first, she's silent for a long moment. Finally, she takes a deep breath and I think this is it, but she surprises me once again.

"I'd actually like to speak to this Raven of yours first. See if he is mine. There is a lot that needs to be said between us if he is. I only want to say what I need to say once and I'd rather it be to him. If you don't mind."

"No problem, baby. You up for meeting some friends of mine?"

"Friends or brothers?" Her eyes finally came to meet mine. Smart.

"One is a brother. The other is the brother of Raven."