Peregryn

~Renae~

"We were summoned?" Cassian and Rhys saunter into the room, the rest of us sat in chairs scattered around the room.

"You know how we thought Alirra knew of the bond?"

"You mean that conversation where you paced for hours muttering to yourself about how she'll hate you forever, the one that ended in Feyre putting your arse into place. Vaguely remember." Cassian smirks and sinks into the seat beside Nesta who digs her elbow into his ribs.

"Well, she definitely knows now. Thanks to her carer at the Winter court, who is Daemati." They all share confused glances and mumbles between them.

"Explanation, please?" Nesta pipes up, only to pick at her nails to remind everyone how little she cares.

"Adara, the Daemati, wanted to talk with me alone. Being Daemati, she couldn't read my mind but managed to sense Alirra's overhearing our conversation.

"She'd looked inside her mind earlier and found the conversation with Feyre that she had snooped on not long ago. Adara had figured out that we're mates from that and decided to trick me into saying it whilst knowing Alirra were listening." Realisation gradually built up along their exteriors as my story continued and by the end Cassian was laughing at my painful story and the rest shared glances and cringed at certain parts.

"At least you didn't have to tell her yourself.." Rhysand tries to help– fails to help.

"I followed her out of the cottage to a river where she gave me hell for lying." Cassian howls again and Feyre gives him a glare to pull himself together.

"Did you leave Ali in the Winter court?" Rhys stands, crinkles in his brow.

"I didn't have a choice- she refused to go anywhere with me."

"Az, come with me to retrieve her?" The shadowsinger rises from his seat in response.

"No need." A familiar voice mumbles from behind and we each turn in unison to find her beautiful female figure leaning effortlessly against the large arched doorway– a Peregryn stood with muscled arms crossed behind her.

"Well, I enjoyed the show, but after our travels we're quite exhausted. We will be turning in now, if you don't mind." She pushes away from the frame and saunters down the hall with dominance as if waving a vulgar gesture in my face. The Peregryn follows behind her like a dog.

I turn back to the group– each with expressions of confusion and admiration.

"I knew I liked her." Cassian smirks.

~Alirra~

"So which of them was your mate?" Alek raises a brow in question, their fae figure sprawled across the bed– wings tucked tightly.

"My guess is the tall, dark haired, almond shaped eyes.The colour of- of-"

"Void."

"That's the one. Is that her?" They lean closer like a youngster engaging in gossip. I roll my eyes which Alek counts as a yes and squeals in excitement.

"You have no idea how unwelcome I feel." They mumble under their breath and I feel bad for dragging them into this mess– but honestly I just needed to get home.

"I though the deal was, I was bringing you here to make up with lovergirl?" Alek presses.

"I will, in the morning." I shrug and jump under the covers. I would've requested a separate room for Alek but the look on Renae's face made me think otherwise. That clearly let her know I won't be tied down by this bond I didn't choose.