Childish Games

~Renae~

I've never told anybody about my parents- specifically my mother. Alirra is the only person I've told the most, and even that's barely a drop in the bucket. She's trapped- kidnapped- stuck with my mother and has no idea how powerful she is or what could possible happen.

I'm stuck staring at the endless flowing waters of the Sidra- the moonlight shining atop it. I've stood on this bandstand many a times and spend most of it thinking about the beauties of Velaris and how happy I would've been if I had grown up here and not in Montesere- not with Iagan and Ginerva. I'm lost in a different thought today, because for the first time in decades, my parents have returned into my life and stolen the female fate has destined me with. I rest my head against my folded arms and wonder whether any of this would've happened if I hadn't kissed a female all those decades ago, or if I had been sent a male for a mate instead- would they still hate me?

I try to pull myself together and gather my thoughts, my sanity, and think of any useful things like where could my own mother take my mate to? or How do I kill a monster that powerful? Things like this deserve long hours in a library- if I had time, I would. I constantly wander through the mental halls of our bond and feel for any indication that she's still there and even though Alirra doesn't reply, my instincts imply enough that she's fine.

I came out here- did the whole dramatic exit- hoping to figure out how to find her or where she even is, but leaning against this barrier, waiting for some answers to sail down the Sidra and land at my feet isn't working for me.

I almost give up and wander through the crowds of nocturnal fae until my High Lady appears at my side- staring out to her people across the bandstand barrier. She's dressed in fresh leathers and behind her stand the entire court including Lucien, Jurian and Vassa who are all dressed ready to fight another battle despite the darkening rings around their eyes.

I would cry if I thought Alirra didn't deserve this.

"We thought about it and if anybody kidnapped Rhysand I would beg each of you to help me save him." They each give agreeing nods and hug their mates tighter to them. My heart stings a little that my own arms are empty but I give them a couple bows of appreciation- trying extremely hard to be professional.

"So where do we start?" Jurian steps forward, empty handed unlike the surrounding fae- holding hands and snuggling their faces against each other. I'd throw up if I wasn't slightly envious.

~Alirra~

I soon learned that ignoring Ginerva's childish games and manipulative words sends her mad enough that she leaves me for a good five or more minutes. The most peaceful times so far. Not that this situation is ideal whatsoever, but if fate insists me to be in captive, they could've chosen a less... talkative kidnapper. I don't even mind when she speaks, it's the need to mess with my head and play games every second that gives me migraines.

Ginerva left a few moments ago and it won't be long until she returns and asks me where do you think you are? or when do you think you'll escape? and whatever my answer is, her reply is a menacing laugh that bounces between the four walls of the tight room.

If she intends to keep me chained to this room for the rest of my life, does she plan on winnowing in and out every five seconds because I think that alone will kill me off.

Being alone scares me. Really fucking scares me. The room is dark enough as it is but to be alone inside it forever is too frightening to think about- so I don't, or at least I try not to. It gets to a point where the walls become so suffocating I'm close to begging for Ginerva's company- only to regret thinking of doing such a thing when she appears from the shadows of the darkest corner.