Dinner at Giulia's House

"Akiko, you met our dad, right?" Alberto asked.
"Oh, yes! His name's Massimo, right?" Akiko responded.
"Mhm!" Giulia exclaimed. In the kitchen, Massimo was making a delicious pasta dish called 'Trenette al Pesto'. He heard the footsteps of Giulia and her friends as he kindly and warmly welcomed them. "Ah! Giulietta! Alberto! Luca! There you are! And I see you brought some friends." Massimo said in a sincere voice.
"! Is there enough for eight?" Giulia asked. Massimo just nodded as he smiled. Akiko was curious. "Your name is Giulietta?" She asked.
"Mhm! 'Giulietta' is my full first name, but people call me 'Giulia' for short. And, Ercole, being the jerk he is, calls me 'Spewlia'." Giulia explained.
"Yeah. I noticed Ercole calling you 'Spewlia'. Why would he do that, though?" Akiko was concerned.
"One year at the Portorosso Cup, I kept throwing up because of all the I had to eat for one of the segments of the race." Giulia said. Massimo frowned as he walked to his daughter, knelt down, and took her hands, folding them in his. "But you can't let Ercole define you just because of that. Ti definisci tu, Giulietta." He said. Giulia smiled as she and Alberto hugged their father. After Massimo released his children from the hug, he grabbed a big bowl of pasta. "To make you feel better, I made your favorite: Trenette al Pesto." He said. Giulia and Alberto smiled. As the group sat down to eat, Massimo set down a plate in front of each person. Giulia helped set down the plates and when she was done, she sat down on her seat. "Mangiamo." Massimo said as he sat down, shaking the whole room. He grabbed a napkin and tucked it under his shirt. Alberto took a handful of pasta and shoved it in his mouth. Massimo couldn't help but snicker as his adoptive son was too funny and adorable. Giulia giggled as she took her fork and twirled it in her pasta, causing the pasta to spin around with it so that she could eat it. As Giulia took about fifteen more bites of her pasta, she was then finished eating. Alberto was already finished eating, before everyone else, because he had been using his hands. Luca had finished eating a little bit after Alberto, and the others finished eating after Giulia. When Giulia saw that everyone was finished, she took everyone's plate and washed them, with the aid of Bella and Akiko. After the trio of girls was done washing the plates and silverware, Massimo struck up a conversation. "Is there anything new going on in town, Giulietta?" He asked.
"Funny you should ask! There's a new Talent Show, it was added today!" Giulia replied.
"Are you going to be in it?" Massimo asked again. Giulia just shook her head. "Uh-uh. But they are!" She said as she pointed to her friends. Massimo nodded in understanding. "Will this continue throughout the years, or is this just a one-time event?" He asked.
"Nope! The Spettacolo di Talenti will be every year, on a Friday. There's no entry fee, we just have to sign up for it if you want to participate." Giulia stated.
"Oh! Well, did you all sign up already?" Massimo was curious.
"Mm-hmm! They signed up already! All they need to do now is think of what they're gonna do. Which, I think Alberto and his group already figured it out." Giulia said. Moments later, she turned to Alberto in curiosity. "Did you figure out what you're gonna do, yet?" Giulia asked.
", we're still sticking with music, supposedly singing a song." Alberto replied as he smiled. Alberto put his hands on his hips triumphantly. "Well, what song are you going to sing?" Massimo asked. Alberto looked down. "Now that, we haven't figured out yet. Sorry." He said in a guilted tone.
"Va bene, Alberto. I'm sure you'll figure it out by Friday. And you have plenty of volta to figure it out and practice. " Massimo replied. Alberto lightened up again as he smiled.