Concussed

Long time no see...no write? Idk but it's been awhile since I've posted! I'm alive and well and back with another chapter! Enjoy :)

      Peter climbs back through his bedroom window after a long night of patrolling. He'd taken a few hits to the head from the barrel of a petty mugger's gun earlier that night, and he can most certainly feel it now. It feels like his brain is getting too big and trying to break through his skull. The pounding in his head excruciating. He falls into the room in a heap, groaning as everything around him spins. He manages to get himself leaning against the wall, head tilted back and eyes closed.
        "Young Stark-Rogers." FRIDAY greets, interrupting his self pity party.
      "Volume down FRI." the teen mumbles. "teen spider senses suck."
      "My apologies, but I recommend speaking with an Avenger before you sleep. My censors detect a pretty nasty concussion that needs to be checked." The AI alerts.
      "Can you get Pops in here? I don't know if I can stand anymore." He whimpers quietly.
      "Of course." FRIDAY replies gently, while as gentle as an artificial intelligence can be.
     With reassurance that someone is coming to get him, Peter tucks his knees to his chest, ducking his head down to try and block off as much light as possible. He lets a few tears fall as the pounding in his head has yet to deteriorate. The young hero doesn't even realize he has company until a large hand settles itself in between Peter's shoulder blades.
      "Hey, Bambi." The super soldier whispers, knowing that his son's super senses must be extra sensitive.
      "Papa." The teen whimpers back, the only acknowledgment he gives to the elder man.
      "Oh it's okay, Petey." Steve croons, scooping Peter into his arms and holding him close to his chest. "Banner and Dad are already down prepping the MedBay for you. I think your father might even be spoiling you with the extra soft blankets today."
       "I deserve it." Peter grumbles into his fathers chest, getting only a laugh in return.
      The elevator ride is quiet for the duo, the only disturbance being the occasional kiss Steve can't resist pressing to the teen's head. And if Peter's being honest, it really does make him feel better. Soon enough, the two are being greeted by Tony, who leads them to Peter's temporary room. Although, at this point, he really should have his own room in the MedBay. He's there enough to have one.
      "You know it's been three weeks without any incident." Tony says once Peter's settled in the bed "I was starting to get worried you were doing your own patch up work."
      "I would never." Peter murmurs with a hint of a smile on his face. "I'd never get to hang out with Uncle Bruce."
      "Well please don't endanger yourself so you can spend time with me." Bruce chuckles while snapping on a pair of gloves. "You can always spend with me in the lab, or literally anywhere else. We live together, Pete."
      "Yeah but you use too many needles in your lab work." Peter shudders.
      "Yeah, yeah spider baby-"
      "-it's spider MAN dad-"
      "-has a needle phobia." Tony finishes. "But we really need to check out that head kiddo."
      "I'm actually feeling much better now dad." Peter tries.
      "Yeah?" Tony challenges. "Then sit up." He tests.
      "I'm actually pretty comfortable here." Peter amends.
      "Yeah that's what I thought." The billionaire says with a loom of finality.
      "Can you pull up the scans of his head FRI?" Bruce asks while moving his chair (you know those little stools on wheels all doctors seem to have?) towards the head of Peter's bed.
       "Sure thing Dr. Banner." The AI grants.
       "You know I have a doctorates too right?"
       "Tony, dear? Shut up."
       "I'm wounded Stevie."
       "No, I'm wounded." Peter argues from where he has an arm thrown over his eyes.
       Bruce just shakes his head and analyzes the scans FRIDAY has put in front of him via hologram.
       "I have no idea how you got a concussion like this and didn't lose consciousness." Bruce says astounded.
      "Um yeah, about that." Peter murmurs with a blush.
       "WHAT?!" Tony yells.
       "Dad. Quiet. Please." Peter sobs out as his senses are overwhelmed by the loud noise.
       "I'm sorry, baby." The man says while kneeling at Peter's side, carding a gentle hand through his hair. "But how was I not alerted by this? Please tell me you didn't hack Karen again."
       "Broke." Was all Peter could manage through his cries.
       "Okay, calm down bubs." Steve joins in, sitting at the end of Peter's bed, the teens legs resting on his lap. "Why don't you take a few deep breaths and tell us what happened?"
       "Don't leave." The spider themed hero gasped through another sob.
       "We aren't, Bambi." Tony soothes, looking up at his husband worriedly.
       "Th-The mugger hit m-my head with his gun." Peter manages after his sobs have died down, steady tears still flowing down his cheeks. "Karen shut d-down, passed out be-before I could ca-call. 'M sorry."
       "It's okay bubba. You did a good job." Tony reassured.
       "Must've been scary waking up though?" Steve adds. Receiving a nod from his only child. "You're so brave for making your way home by yourself, Pete."
       "Sounds like your head is hurting pretty bad too, huh?" Bruce adds after observing the small breakdown. "Looks like a pretty bad concussion. But I need to do a check on your eyes real quick to tell the full extent."
       "To bright Uncle Bruce." Peter whines.
       "I promise I'll be quick." Bruce reassures, pulling out a basin, Peter's paleness clueing him in to what may happen when Peter moves his arm.
       And as luck may have it, the second Peter's eyes were exposed to the natural light, he let out a harsh gag. Bruce was quick to move the basin under Peter's chin as Tony efficiently moves him into a sitting position, where Peter's body decides it has had enough. The poor teen ends up releasing all of his stomach contents into the basin.
       "You're okay baby." Tony says once Peter seems to be nearing the end of his bout of sickness. One Peter reopens his eyes and looks up at the adults, Bruce is quick to finish his examination.
      "Is this the first time you've thrown up?" Bruce questions, quickly typing some information into his StarkPad.
      "When I woke up." Peter supplies with a slight shake of his head. Saying that no, this is not the first time.
      "Alright. Well, from what I can see it's a concussion, a major concussion but that's about as far as the damage goes. No significant damage made to the skull or brain but I'm putting you on bed rest for two days." Bruce diagnoses.
       "Two?" Peter whines, that's too long!
       "Yes and no crime fighting for the next week." Banner says sternly. "I mean it. Regular people would be out for almost two so you need to see me for a checkup before you go out. Head injuries should not be taken lightly so our little red and blue vigilante will not be seen until he has a clean bill of health. Am I clear."
       "Crystal." Peter relents.
       "Good. Now I recommend that for the two days your in bed rest you slowly adjust the amount of light your near, so that natural light doesn't overstimulate your and cause sensory overload. But the first day I'll allow you to use full sensory deprivation because I know you're hurting." The scientist says with a smile. "No need to keep you here any longer, night Pete." Bruce says with a final smile directed at the family.
       "Well I think it's bedtime. What do you say Petey?" Steve asks while massaging Peter's feet.
       "Can I sleep in your bed tonight?" Peter asks instead. The two elder heroes share a loving look while Peter still has his eyes covered before responding.
      "Of course, Bambi." Tony responds, standing up from his crouching position with a pop, allowing Steve to pick up their precious baby.
       And as anyone could have guessed, Peter was out like a light far before they even reached the elevator.

The End.
Thank you for reading! Hope this can make up for my absence :/ This year has sure been weird but I'll try and write as much as I can!! :)
thank you so much for everything,
xoxo spiderxmarvel