super solder anesthesia=sad spider :(

just some papa steve fluff cus i'm a sucker for this shit <3

        Even thought Peter Parker is a secret vigilante under the alias "Spider-Man", Peter Parker is also just a teenage kid.
      A teenage kid with wisdom teeth, unfortunately. Wisdom teeth that needed to come out, like, yesterday.
      Thankfully, Peter Parker has two super awesome dads- one of which a genius who can supply drugs that will actually knock him out during this procedure. Not like Peter's dreading said procedure any less because of this.
      Dr Cho and Dr Banner are strictly business during Peter's prep for surgery, having him ready and asleep with minimal tears from the teenager. Once he's awake, however, the tears return.
      "Dey took ma teef, Papa." Peter whimpers, muffled by the gauze in his mouth. He's still laying in his bed in the MedBay, which is now also occupied by his Papa, Steve. The pitiful teen has his body pressed against the man, check smushed against the other's soft shirt. "All ma wisdom is gone." A few tears dribble down his cheeks onto Steve's shirt, the super soldier not minding one bit.
      "It's okay, bubs." The captain soothes, running a hand through Peter's soft curls. "You're plenty smart without them anyways."
      "I miss dem." Peter lets out a little sob at these words, his brain muffled by the drugs in his system. "Dey jus- dey just wan'ed to stay in ma mouf."
      "I know they did, Petey. But those teeth were mean remember? They were hurtin' your mouth and making it hard to eat." Steve reminds, keeping his tone soft and gentle. He knows how Peter's brain is after he's been on any kind of strong medication, so he just listens to the boy explain his tears.
        "Wouldn' let me eat ma Cinnamon Toast Crunch." Peter mumbles in agreement, rubbing his tears and snot away on Steve's shirt- the captain doesn't even flinch.
       "That's right, you had to eat yucky oatmeal with me and Bruce." Steve chuckles.
      "I miss Ned." Peter sighs, already taking interest in a new topic.
      "Yeah? It's been awhile since he's come over." Steve agrees. "We should invite him over for dinner once you're feeling better."
      "I- I fink his head would 'splode." Peter giggles, snuggling into Steve a bit more. "Don' wan' dat." And the tears are back. "I like Ned."
      "We all like Ned too, buddy. He's a real good friend. We'd never let anything happen to him." His papa promises.
       "Flash hit Ned da other day." The boy whimpers, shoulders shaking just a bit. "I wasn't dere, Papa."
      "You inherited some of my worst traits, Pete. I don't like that you think you have to take all of these beatings for your friend. And I hate the fact that your principal is doing nothing about it." Steve really does hate that Flash kid. Seeing Peter come home with a bloody nose from school of all things is something that makes his blood boil.
       "I can take it. 'M Spider-Man." Peter starts pretending to shoot his web shooters to make a point, even making the little *thwip* sound with his numb tongue.
       "But you shouldn't have to, Bambi." Steve stresses.
       "M strong. Lifted a-a building off me once. Dat was scary." Peter states seriously, eyes glazed over.
       "I know that was, babes. You're the strongest person I know." And that's true. This kid has gone through so damn much it makes Steve's heart hurt. His Petey-Pie deserves the world.
       "Was dark." Peter whimpers. "M was scared to fall asleep cus-cus I didn't wanna go back."
       "Your dad and I are here to make sure you never end up in a situation like that again." It really was an unfortunate series of events. Tony and Steve too caught up in SHEILD paperwork to see the distress signal Karen sent to both of their phones. Now, they have Karen connected with FRIDAY so they always know when Peter needs their help.
       "Hurted." Wow his son really is a genius.
       "I bet it did, bub." Steve runs a strong hand down Peter's back, applying a reassuring pressure to the emotional teenager.
       "I love you, Papa."
       "I love you too, Peter."
       "And I love, Dad."
       "He loves you to the moon and back, baby."
       "And Nat, and Clint, and-and Sam, and Bucky, and Pepper-"
       "Okay, okay buddy I get it."
       "-and Happy, and Bruce. Love you all so much, Papa."
       "We love you too, Bambi." Steve promises.
       "Don' wan' you to go anywhere."
       "We're not, we could never leave you."
       "Can't-can't do it on my own."
       "You can, but you'll never have to." A kiss to his son's forehead seals the promise.

THE END

just a short lil fluff drabble :)
hope you enjoyed and I'm sorry my updates are so inconsistent lmao

be safe, be smart, be awesome
xoxo spiderxmarvel 🕷

word count:817