Sensory Overload

this is parkner btw. if you don't like it...I dont care!! so enjoy <3

       It's been a long day for Peter Parker. He forgot his earbuds this morning and had to endure the chaotic sounds of the Queens streets and subway. People shouting, babies crying, brakes screeching, it was all very stimulating for the spider child.

       Then there was the pep rally at school, all of the kids cheering and screaming, music blaring from all angles getting the kids hyped up for prom-as if Peter will ever attend another school dance after Homecoming. He had to excuse himself to the bathroom as his head pounded. His heightened senses were not very fond of being abused today.

       Thankfully, Happy was picking him up today. The car ride was always quiet with Happy- the man couldn't give two shits about anything Peter had to say.

       Okay maybe he found the kids rambling slightly endearing.

       Slightly.

       Peter didn't even try and strike up a conversation today, though. He just relaxed into the fancy leather seats and finally took a steadying breath. He's felt so on edge all day, the familiarity of the back seat is bringing a lot more comfort than it should.

       Happy, being the vigilant body guard he's paid to be, noticed the odd behavior from the teen, but decided to stay silent. Not before sending a text to Tony, however.

       Kids gone mute or something. Hasn't said a word to me this entire car ride

       As if the entrepreneur had been waiting for the text, Happy received an immediate response. 

       Yeah well, maybe he'll become a little more perky when he sees my surprise.

       Happy had never rolled his eyes harder.

       No one can be happy to see Keener.

       ...

       You know, for someone named Happy you're very grouchy.

       Happy chooses not to respond, opting for checking on Peter through the rear view mirror. He seems a little more pale, and a lot more on edge. Maybe it's just an off day?

       After an eerily silent drive, Happy and Peter finally arrive at the Avengers compound. Even feeling as lousy as he does, Peter still remembers to thank Happy  and makes sure to collect all of his items from the car.

       And of course, the one day he could really use some quiet..

       all of the Avengers seem to have the day off

       "Hey, Pete!" Tony greets, stalking over to the kid. He's about to tell Peter about his amazing surprise- when he finally gets a good look at the vigilante. "Okay, what's up?"

       "Nothing, Mr Stark. I'm fine." Peter murmurs, keeping his eyes trained on the floor.

       "Uh huh, sure. So is this fine like when you broke your arm and decided to try and hide it? Or fine as in the time you got a building dropped on you?" Tony pushes, he's used to the kid's bs by now. "Get rid of the weird hero complex you've going on kid. What's up?" He asks again.

        "Everything is too much." Peter whispers. He can feel the burn behind his eyes and- no. He will not cry in front of all of the Avengers. No way, no how.

      "Is this the whole dialed up to 11 thing you were telling me about?" Tony asks in a softer tone, resting a hand on Peter's shoulder comfortingly.

       Peter can only return a pitiful nod before falling into the embrace of his mentor, who turns to shush the Avengers as they argue over the superior jelly flavor (strawberry).

       The team of heroes stop their conversation and look over to the duo, sensing Tony's seriousness. They all understand the downsides of Peter's powers. This surely is not the first nor the last time this will happen.

       "Wan' Harley." Peter whines into Tony's shirt, really missing the comforting touch of his long-distance boyfriend.

       "Well good thing you have the greatest boss in the planet" Tony's says smugly. "He was my big surprise for you but, you know your lousy senses tend to ruin any good thing that tries to come your way."

       "Parker luck, Mr Stark." Peter mumbles, really struggling to keep his tears at bay." Where is he?" He doesn't want to sound ungrateful for all of Mr Stark's help and generosity, but he could really use a Harley Hug right now.

     "He's hiding out in your room I believe." Tony says, already leading Peter to the elevator, which Peter greatly appreciates- he's not sure if he'd be able to support himself at the moment. "Give Harley a heads up, will ya FRI?" Tony asks his AI.

     "Already done, boss." FRIDAY responds, her settings much quieter due to Peter being about.

     "Thanks, sweetheart." The elevator dings and the duo is met with a worried Harley Keener.

Peter tries to dull the elder boy's worries by looking him in the eyes with a soft smile. That doesn't really work, however, because as soon as Peter's eyes meet Harley's...he bursts into tears.

"Woah there, darlin." God, Peter's missed his southern drawl so much. In fact, it was hearing his boyfriend speak that caused Peter to (quite literally) fall into his arms. "Okay, baby, I've gotcha." By some force of magic (Peter would say it's Harley's biceps and Harley would say it's because Peter concerningly light) Harley is able to life Peter into his arms, allowing the smaller boy to cling to him like a spider koala.

"He's a little overstimulated." Tony answers to Harley's concerned gaze. "Think he just needs some quiet time and a little time with the boy he's been whining about for the past 3 months."

"Mr. Stark." Peter whines, embarrassed. He hides his face in Harley's shoulder to conceal his blush.

"Pete, come on, every time we're in the lab it's Harley this and Harley that. Plus you know Karen monitors everything you say, right?" Tony says with a raised eyebrow and entertained smirk.

      "Mr. Staaaaaarrrrrrrk." Peter whines again.

      "Fine, fine all take pity on you cus your spider senses are fucking you over." Tony relents.

       "Language, old man. You've got baby ears here." Harley feigns bewilderment, gently covering Peter's ears with his hands. Peter can't help but sigh as the auditory stimulation dies down just a bit.

       "Don't remind me that your relationship is practically illegal-"

       "I'm literally two years older than him."

       "Exactly! You're a cougar, tainting my protégé ." Tony jokes, gesturing towards the two "Now no funny business. Please. I have a heart condition."

       "Yeah, yeah. Just gonna give my Petey some TLC."

       "As long as there's no S-E-X. I don't need any more spidey babies crawling around here. Pete's already too much." Tony exits with a stern look into Harley's eyes.

      "So, you wanna fuck?" Harley asks the boy in his arms.

      "If this is how you're gonna treat me I'm going to Steve for snuggles." Peter pouts.

       "I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" Harley chuckles, pressing a kiss to the pout on his lips. "How about a nice bath?"

      "Sounds perfect." Peter agrees, letting his boy cart him away to the bathroom.

THE END

yurrrrrr two updates in one day. go me!! hope y'all enjoyed :)))

make good decisions (Steve's watching you)
xoxo spiderxmarvel

word count:1200