break up prank

"Y/N, I had the most exhausting day," Sunmi sighed as she climbed the stairs quickly, barely able to wait even another minute to get to you because she was in desperate need of a warm and comforting hug from you.

You heard her feet padding across the floor as she walked down the hall and to your shared room.

You put the empty bags on the bedroom floor as you tried to pull yourself together, hoping you could successfully pull off this prank that your friends dared you to pull on Sunmi like they pulled on their s/o's.

You knew you wouldn't last long. If Sunmi were to shed even a single tear, you know you won't be able to keep going with it.

She appeared in the doorway. She looked relieved for a split second when she finally saw you, but the relief faded just a few seconds later when she noticed the bags on the ground.

Unaware that they were empty, her mind started to jump to all sorts of conclusions of why you'd have packed bags.

She tried to keep herself calm though. Surely, there had to be a reasonable explanation for it.

"There you are." She said as she made her way to you with a small smile.

But her smile wasn't enough to fool you. You saw the worry in her eyes. That, along with a little fear.

"I see you're going somewhere." She joked a little as she sat down beside you. "Vacation?"

It was the first thing that popped into her head and it seemed like the most possible reason.

As stressful as her day is and as much as she wishes she could join you if you're going away for a few days, she knows she can't and she's okay with that.

Your friends have been talking about taking a trip so she figured that what you had in mind. She wouldn't be upset. You deserve some time to unwind and let loose.

"No."

Your answer took her by surprise.

"Oh? Then what's with all that bags, baby?" She asked as she laid her hand over yours.

"Sunmi, I'm packed because I'm leaving. For good."

"What?" She asked her voice quiet and already cracking.

"We need to break up."

Her heart almost stopped.

You weren't serious. You couldn't be.

Just days ago, you were curled up in bed, talking about the future together. As busy as she is, there's going to be a day that she decides she wants to slow down a little so you can both make all of your hopes and dreams come true.

Things such as having a family together, adopting some animals, traveling the world, buying a forever home, tying the knot...

If this was your intention, why would you be talking about wanting to spend your life with her and only her just a few days ago?

It made no sense to her. But it scared her nonetheless.

"You're not serious." She chuckled nervously.

"I am."

"No, you can't be! I don't want to break up! I don't want to lose you."

You could see the tears in her eyes already, the look of utter heartbreak inside them.

"I think we just need some time apart."

"Is that what you need? Because it's not what I need. I only need you."

You hung your head, causing Sunmi to scoff.

"I can't believe this." She mumbled. "W    hat's the reason? Is it my schedule? Is it because we're not public? I-I can change those things, I'm happy to if it means I get to keep you."

"Sunmi, stop. It's not you. I just need some space."

"From me?"

You nodded and her heart shattered, the tears falling down her cheeks.

People have said some hurtful things to her over the years of her being in the spotlight but never has anything ever hurt her so terribly. Nothing has ever made her heart physically hurt this terribly. Nothing has ever made her question herself more.

"Please don't go." She begged. "I don't know what I did wrong, but I'll fix it. Tell me why you need space, we'll work through that. I'll sleep in the guest room. Or, if you feel more comfortable, you can. It's your choice! But... please don't go. You're all I have at the end of the day. You're all I want."

She was starting to tremble and her bottom lip wobbled as she cried.

How could you carry on knowing she was this crushed?

Your friends had taken it further, lasted longer.

But you love Sunmi too much to do that to her.

"Come here, baby." You whispered as you opened your arms for her, happily letting her cling to you for dear life as she threw her arms around you and cried into your shirt.

"I love you. I love you more than anything. I don't want to lose you, please."

"Shh. Sunmi, it's alright. I'm not going anywhere."

"Really? You swear it?' She asked as she pulled away.

"You know me better than that. You know I love you more than anything in this world. I wasn't ever leaving you, I never will. It was just a prank."

Her hopeful eyes turned sad yet again.

"Why would you do that to me?"

"It was so stupid. My friends dared me to."

"Well, then, they suck." She grumbled. "You shouldn't have gone through with it."

"I know. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I forgive you. I love you too much to stay mad at you for too long." She sighed as she pulled you into her arms.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me. I'm getting my revenge."

"What?" You asked as you looked up at her with wide eyes.

"I love you, I forgive you, but I'm not forgetting so easily. Not until I get my revenge and you get a taste of your medicine, baby."

You nodded, a sad smile on your face.

You deserve that. You know you do.

"But I won't right now. Give me another hug." She said and hugged you tightly as you put your arms around her. "I love you."

"I love you too, Sunmi." You mumbled against her neck, never wanting to let her go.