don't hold it all inside (requested)

"Goodnight, sweet girl. Sleep tight." Sunmi said as you laid down in bed, her lips brushing against your cheek lovingly before she reached over to turn the light off.

She put her head down on the pillow and you listened to her breathing to try and help yourself fall asleep.

You had a very hard day today and when you got home a couple of hours ago, you were exhausted. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally, as well.

So worn out in every way that you did nothing but stay in Sunmi's arms and watch a movie with her to try and get your mind off of everything.

You thought you'd be asleep by now but as Sunmi drifted off to sleep, you stayed wide awake.

You bit your lip as your mind wandered, replaying the memories of the absolutely awful day you'd had.

It all came flooding back, overwhelming you.

Tears stung your eyes and after holding them back at work earlier, it was impossible to keep them back now in the comfort of your bed.

You laid your cheek on the pillow and covered your mouth with your hand to try and prevent Sunmi from hearing you cry as the tears fell down your cheeks.

You squeezed your eyes shut and pulled your hand from your mouth to wipe the tears falling from your eyes, but they only kept coming.

And, with your mouth uncovered, as your shoulders shook from how hard you were crying, a sob escaped your lips.

This awoke Sunmi, making her worry as soon as she heard the sound.

She reached over and turned the lamp on, making you jump.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" She asked and you turned around to face her, drying your cheeks and forcing a smile.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

But that was a lie. You both knew it was safe to say you were far from fine, especially since your lower lip was trembling and your eyes were still full of tears.

"Don't lie." She whispered softly before she laid down and put her arms around you to pull you close.

She brushed her hand across your back and tangled her legs with yours. You buried your face in her neck, your tears instantly falling from your eyes and onto her skin.

"What happened?"

At first, you didn't say anything in response, making Sunmi even more worried.

"Look at me." She whispered.

You pulled your face away from her neck, your eyes immediately locking with her worried ones.

"Don't hold it all inside. There's no reason to bottle up your emotions. I'm here for you. Talk to me, baby."

You took in a shaky breath, exhaling the same way.

"I had a hard day."

She knew from the moment you got home that your day hadn't been great. But at the time, you didn't want to talk about it. So she let you be, refusing to push you into opening about whatever it was that was bothering you.

"It's one of the worst I've ever had. It feels like everything went wrong. From the moment I pulled out of the driveway, nothing went right and it made me feel so bad about myself." You confessed through your tears.

"Oh, I know how that goes, my love." She whispered as she wiped away your tears. "Everyone has bad days. You made it through this one. I think you should give yourself some credit for that."

You sniffled and watched her lips tug into a small smile.

"Y/N, listen. I don't know exactly what went wrong to make this day so terrible and you don't have to tell me every little detail if you choose not to. But it's over now. Look around. You're home, safe in bed, safe in my arms. That day is behind you and tomorrow is a new one. I'm sure it'll be much better than today."

"I hope so." You sighed. "I just felt like the world was against me today, Sunmi. I was barely halfway through the day when I felt like breaking down."

"That bad, huh?"

You nodded wordlessly.

"I'm sorry, darling. I wish every day you get to live was nothing but wonderful for you. You deserve that." She whispered and your heart fluttered a little. "Just remember that today is over now. You've got a few hours to rest and I'll hold you the entire time. This day will be nothing but a bad memory someday. You'll forget all about it soon enough. Just try to focus on being here with me for right now."

"Okay." You said, smiling a little. "You make me feel better."

"That's all I ever want." She spoke before kissing your cheek. "I just want to see you smile."

You dropped your forehead against hers and reached for her hand, happily tangling her fingers with yours.

"Always remember that you can talk to me about  anything at any time. Don't keep it to yourself. I'm here for you and I love you."

"Okay. I love you, baby. Thanks for making everything better, as you always do."

"Anytime." She smiled, putting her lips on yours for a sweet kiss. "You feel better now? Or do you need to talk more?"

"No. I don't want to go into detail. I just want to forget about it. I want you to hold me and I want to sleep."

"Okay. That's fine." She said and kissed your head as you put it on her shoulder. "I've got you. Have sweet dreams."

"You too, Sunmi. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, baby." She whispered and reached over to turn the light off before she put her arms around you and laid her head on yours, falling asleep with you.