Chapter 5: Find Her

(Unknown POV)

I paced around anxiously while I waited for all of my men to arrive. I took another swig from the bottle in my hand, it's contents burned my throat. Many more bottle just like it were scoured around the floor, empty and smashed. The hideout was most definitely not the cleanest place but it was hidden. Only me and my men knew of its location. We've never been found or caught.

I heard a door slam. The rest if my crew walked in. "We're all here, boss. What do you need?"

"I need you to find her." I replied, taking another drink. "I need her back in my possession. She's out there somewhere."

"Layla?" 

Another swig. More burning.

"Yes. She's not in Missouri anymore." I finished the bottle and let it fall and smash against the floor. I reached for another.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes. Some of the crew have already search the whole state." I explained, opening the next bottle and taking a big gulp. "She could be in any neighboring states. I don't imagine her being across the country already so it shouldn't be too hard for any of you to locate her."

"Do you want everyone looking?"

"Yes. Everyone looks until she's found. No one stops looking until someone finds her location. Only report her location when she's been somewhere for a couple of day without moving."

Another swig.

"And what happens when we find her? What the next course of action?"

"I'll take a few men and go get her." I finished my second bottle and grabbed a third. "And bring her back no matter how much she fights."

"Is anything of the table of tracking her down?"

I took two big swigs of the third bottle. "No. Use any means necessary. Find her no matter what it takes."

"What if she's not alone?"

"We get rid of anyone with her."

"Anyone?"

"Yes, Anyone."

"Alright, boss. We'll get right on it."

I nodded and dismissed my men. I walked into my office, finishing off my third bottle and sat down at my desk. I reached in one of the drawers and pulled out a small bag. I opened it and dumped the white powder on my desk. I took a razor, lined the powder up and made it into a finer powder before breathing it all in through my nose. It hurt, it burned, but it felt good. I reached for another bottle.

Who knew where she was? Or who she was with? I don't know why I'm worried. My men would find her. They always find what I'm looking for. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my lighter and a small white and brown rod. I light it up and took a deep breath and puffed our a hefty cloud of smoke. 

"You're out there somewhere." I said aloud. "You couldn't have gotten too far. You can try to escape all you want. There's no where you could go where we won't find you."

I knew she still had her phone. She may have turned tracking off but that wouldn't matter. My men are smart. They have their ways of finding anything and anyone. This shouldn't be difficult for them. Nothing ever was. Find her would be easy.

"We'll...we'll find you." I could feel my body start to shake. My head was spinning and my breath and heart beat quickened. "You- you can't run and hide...forever."

I got up from my desk and stumbled around the room. If Layla's with anyone, if they get hurt...it's her fault. All of it is. She should've listened. All she had to do was listen.

"You should've listened." I said out loud again. "If there's blood, Layla, it'll be on your hands."