The Eye of the Storm (Prologue)

There's a saying people often quote.

Don't be afraid of change.

Yeah, change is truly something that could be really scary or a fresh breath of air. Could be something that brings you joy or brings you fear. Bring you peace or destroys your peace.

The change in your life just seemed to define all words.

You couldn't place your finger on just what you were feeling. Maybe it was still the slight shock in your body. The disbelief still racing in your brain as you saw flashes of the people who raised you to only betray you.

Don't be afraid of change.

Maybe they quote it because when you stay in a place for too long you risk never venturing out. May never see things you never could imagine. May never find something better than what you once had.

Life is just a series of multiple changes. Some spontaneous. Some natural. Some good. Some bad. Still, you're not supposed to resist the sudden change. It only creates sorrow for the things you will miss out on. Supposed to let reality be reality. Allow things in your life to just flow towards wherever they might lead you to.

Too bad your change led you down a deadly, dark road.

Don't be afraid of change.

How can people quote that so freely when nothing in life is more painful to the human mind than a great sudden change. A great sudden change that gave you the stab wound in your back.

A stab from the people who raised you cuts deeper than any wound that dares to pierce your skin. The people who were supposed to love you unconditionally. The people who were supposed to care for you. The people who were supposed to be loyal to you. Yet those things seemed to come at a price far above what your life has given you to spend.

Love, care, and loyalty seemed to come at a price. Or maybe they came before the price or prize given to you by life itself. Because it seemed that since you didn't receive what you thought should be automatically given, your flesh from your back met the cold sword's thrust.

The pain that ran through your body as you felt the iron pierce your skin. The feeling of your heart shattering as you saw the holder of the gun that was supposed to shoot your back too. Your future threatening to shatter in front of you as you thought you would never see those green eyes again as you said your goodbyes to him.

Don't be afraid of change.

Change brought you a stab wound to your once cleaned skin. A stab that hurt your body. Yes, the body can heal the injury but what's to say about your heart? Your trust? Who you could trust. Who you could love.

An injured heart could last a lifetime when betrayal injuries it.

You were at death's door yet the worst feeling was the feeling of betrayal. And no matter what you could do to make them feel your pain you knew it would never stop your own pain from them. And that probably had to hurt your entire aching body.

The wounds in your mind cut deeper and hurt more than the wounds on your body. The dark words that escaped his mouth trying to live in your once bright mind. Darkness trying to enter your fragile light as your mind tried to fight it, yet it seemed to have won. You can't win every fight against them, right?

Maybe the most painful part of this darkness entering you was the process of you slowly losing yourself. Losing the dim light in your soul. All because someone gifted you with a box full of darkness to destroy your fading light.

The grief of losing yourself was not something you focused on. Grief probably can't change you more than it already has changed you now. It can only reveal you.

And it revealed that no matter how fast light travels, it can never beat the darkness that was already waiting for its presence.

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and the boy that was currently holding your hand weakly in his own, his head resting on your legs as he slept until your free hand brushed back the messy bangs that lied on his skin as his eyes fluttered open only to immediately awaken at your presence. He is the lights in life.

"Y/n?!"

One of the many lights in life.

Perhaps the light of all lights.

"Izuku."

Don't be afraid of change.