A Second Of Joy

A/N: Kinda long chapter sorry! I just have to pace this big climax thing coming right and this wouldn't be good if it was broken up into two chapters! 

Sleep doesn't come easy when your mind forces you to have nightmares over and over repeating the worst day of your life. Seeing your father's dark, evil eyes filled with nothing but hatred towards you. Your mother's betrayal as she held the gun to your back only for your father to stab it instead. Izuku's crying eyes as he held you for what he thought would be the last time.

Sleep definitely decided to not come to you.

Izuku not being there throughout the night to rock you back to sleep and lay his soft kisses to your hairline to soothe you back to sleep was hard. He had some last minute rehearsals with the class to go over the concert and you decided to call it a night early so he wouldn't have to worry about you and just focus on the concert since he seemed to smile a bit brighter when he was with his friends.

His light seemed to shine more with them and you wanted to keep it that way.

You didn't blame him. Couldn't even if you tried. It was better that way and you knew that.

The class decided to do one final run through of the show today while you chose to go to do some more training with Aizawa since you still wasn't clear to participate with any training with your class. You couldn't even spar with Shinso anymore since Recovery Girl didn't clear you for that too. You just told your classmates to surprise you when they asked for you to check out the final rehearsal.

Training with Aizawa is nothing but hard work and frustration. Your quirk is still not working the way you want it to. Your body still not all the way recovered and having your muscles grow tired easily now was frustrating. Even spending time with Aizawa who's hiding something from you was dreadful.

You thought that since Bakugo allowed you to let out some of your pent up frustration and allowed you to actually be angry your quirk would start working correctly again. On that roof you even managed to create some clouds and lightning but now you were lucky to let even one spark let loose or have some rain drizzle down on you.

Training with nothing but tears wanting to fall because you couldn't land a move you used to do so easily. You couldn't train with your friends and have fun again. Couldn't smile so freely. It was all just exhausting.

Why did this have to happen to you?

What did you ever do to deserve this life?

***

After the training with Aizawa, if you could even call it that since you didn't see any signs of improvement, you hit the showers to get ready for the school festival since you're going to spend it with Mirio and Eri and hopefully Izuku when he gets off stage.

You buttoned-up your school uniform as you looked for your skirt before hearing a knock on the door. "Hey, it's just me," Izuku said as he softly tapped on the door, "can I come in?"

"Give me a second," you called out before throwing the rest of your clothes on. Usually you'd let him walk right in but after the incident for some reason you always just felt so exposed and wearing a lot of clothing seemed to make you feel a bit better.

You walked to your door as you opened it, putting on his uniform jacket he left for you as he walked in and smiled at you. "Hey, stranger," he said softly, leaning a bit to kiss your temple as you hummed.

"It has been a while huh?" You said back to him, adjusting the jacket. The two of you schedules have been clashing lately with you in and out of Recovery Girl and Aizawa hands for check-ups and catching up on school work and trying your damn hardest to keep up with your classmates.