Recovery Is Bittersweet

A/N: Reminder that I have playlists for you all to listen to while reading! Link in my bio!

When your surgeon said that your body will feel like it went back to scratch and you had to start over completely, she was not kidding.

Pain medications seemed to only soften the pain ringing between your shoulder blades where the cold iron of his sword pierced your skin. The depression medication on top of that seemed to only soften the pain in your mind from her betrayal too.

Not only did the medications seemed to barely work, they just sucked all around.

Pain medication was strong enough for one dose but in the worse way possible. From making your eyes so heavy you had to be moving at all times to stay awake to making just the thought of food sound so repulsive with constant nausea that came along.

The medication for your mental health did no better with the feeling of just wanting to sleep your life away. Made you constantly stare off into space no matter how hard you tried to focus on your TV in your hospital room. Just made you feel numb to the point where you felt your days just melt together and lose count of them even though you were only stuck in the room for about a week and a half for physical training with Aizawa.

The first day was absolutely awful with him. Not only were you mad at yourself, you were still holding a bit of resentment to him from keeping the information about your once father still being on the loose along with the rest of the league.

Your body was still aching in some places. Felt sick to your stomach during exercises that would've been barely a warm-up to you, not something you had to take breaks in between because your lungs were burning or you had to run to the trash can to just dry heave since the rest of what you ate already left you at the beginning of his training.

Aizawa was doing the best he could and his best was actually the best you could have for retraining your body. It was just your body not cooperating. The feeling of hitting rock bottom just hurt worse than any injury laying on your skin.

Now, as you were kneeled over panting and hoping to get an ounce of breath in while on your hands and knees, you were starting to believe that rock bottom was just one of the lowest levels you were just hitting.

In this dim, cold room stood Aizawa. He was a few feet back, arms crossed as he waited on you to stand back up. He learned right away that him going to help you stand back up results in nothing but you screaming and cursing at him to the point you can't catch your breath and have to get an oxygen mask. You even ripped a stitch out of your back from tiredly fighting him off of you when you felt so sick to your stomach and ran to let everything out of your system while crying. Simply not accepting his comfort which he understood.

He probably stood a few feet in front of you, if you had the strength you would use your quirk to know where exactly he stood but you would have to guess for now. He probably wore a look of pity nurses been giving to you. The look your visitors would give you, even when Bakugo visited briefly he had the look in his eyes before masking it when he caught your eye contact on him. If your head wasn't facing the cold ground covered in bits of your blood and sweat you would probably glare at him for giving you such a look.

"That's it for today," Aizawa sighed as you lazily rose your head to see him, your hair framing your face and blocking your vision to clearly see him begin to put away the equipment.

"B-Bull-" you panted, trying to stand back up on buckling knees before collapsing back to the ground only for him to already catch your arm, "S-shit. I'm fine Let- let me- agh!" You groaned when you tried to push him off, your body still so sore from the previous day of training with him.