Patience

When bodies reach their limits, they rest. Whether you want it or not, they rest. Forces your body to submit to its sleep and forces you to take a second to breathe. That was the reason why Izuku slept for about half a day.

His stay in the hospital though was something short.

Minor check-ups on his body. New freshly washed clothes free of your blood. He barely had to stay in his room, which was truly something lucky for the doctors because as soon as his eyes opened he immediately asked where you were.

The period of waiting for the doctor to come and speak to him about your surgery was something completely dreadful as he waited in the waiting room. His head in his mother's lap, your blanket draped over him as his body forced him to catch up on more sleep until he heard the words come from the doctor's mouth.

"She's stable and pulled through tremendously."

He almost tackled the doctor when he ran over, as he rambled on his worried questions, "When can I see her? Is she awake? How is she? Will there be any-" He froze when he felt his teacher's hand on his shoulder. Aizawa trying to silently tell him to take a breath and let the doctor speak.

The woman only laughed, removing her scrub cap off of her head as she placed a hand on the worried boy's shoulder, "You can see her right now. She's still asleep and might be for a little while until her body regains its energy. That's nothing to be scared of, it's what we expected. She's fine, truly a fighter the whole operation. We had one little scare of her slipping away but she acted right after some talking to her. And if you're asking if there's going to be any permanent injuries, the answer is no." She smiled as he released a breath he didn't realize he was holding. His eyes burn with tears as he nodded.

Soon he was able to go see you.

Saw you laying on your back, a beeping machine filling the empty, quiet room. You now dressed in the hospital's shirts and pants, free of any blood as your IVs and wires laid across your skin and bed. An oxygen mask placed on your face, the same face free of any stress or pain. Just peace.

The doctors said they didn't know how long you would be like this. Asleep. Cold. Just barely existing with him as his hand held yours.

They said could be days, weeks, even years.

He was just hoping as his thumb coursed back and forth on your skin that yours would squeeze it in return. To have your small touches come back. Your hand running through his hair as you smiled at him. Your fingers tracing shapes on his freckles as you two laid together after connecting the closest way possible.

Your eyes bouncing between his own with a look of love. Your hand clutching the back of his shirt when you two were in large crowds that frustrated you or overwhelmed you. Your small kisses of appreciation you would give after he helps you out with a problem.

Your arms wrapped around his own as you two would walk. The feeling of your body pressed up against his own as he carried you to kiss you. The laughs you would give him after he made a sappy comment. Every single touch, glance, and affection you would give him, he wanted it once again.

Until then he would wait as you slept. Prepare for you if you would change. Prepare to take care of you once again. Prepare to keep his promise of protecting you and keeping a smile on your face. He would wait.

He would wait for you to come back to him once again.

- First Day -

Saying a tearful goodbye was truly something he did want to start his day with. Well- technically his day had been going on for quite a while. He didn't exactly go to sleep the first night with you out of surgery.