Whispers From The Wind

A/N: Happy New Year! I hope 2022 treats us all well! Enjoy the chapter! Also please read the A/N at the end!

November is ending which means the cold is beginning. The leaves on trees are falling just like the temperature and new sheets are being sent out for you all to change up your hero suits for the wintertime. It felt kinda useless to fill out your sheet since you haven't worn your hero suit since that day. Maybe that's why you just decided to slide the paper under Izuku's door for him to fill it out before you went to training since he designed your hero suit anyways.

Training feels useless too when your quirk refuses to act right and your body still feels worn and run down followed by a few aches here and there. The pain was subsiding but your energy was still down and showing no signs of improvement. You were just stuck.

Stuck in the dark.

"Come on, Y/n," you heard Shinso call out to you from behind when he saw you fall to the ground once again. Sweat covered your forehead and ran into your eyes or maybe those were just tears of frustration getting in your way again. "You can do it. Just thunder and lightning. Something small." He tried to encourage you the best he can as he trained with his scarf.

You stood on shaking legs as you lifted your hands again. You curled your fingers as they shook trying to form any sort of lightning to run across your skin. Clapped your hands together to get just one clap of thunder to follow along. All you received in return once again was just small gray clouds and a spark or two if you got lucky as you cursed yourself again.

"Dammit!" You panted, hands getting tangled in your hair as you want to try again before hearing another voice call out to you.

"Let's take a small break you two," Aizawa said as he moved his body away from the tree holding his weight. Shinso jogged over as he went to help you back up until you pushed your body yourself as you felt anger run through your veins that once held lightning and more power.

"No! That'll be my third break already! I can keep going!" You said as you wiped the sweat off your brow before Aizawa just shook his head more.

"You can't train when you're angry at yourself. You'll get nowhere-"

"Bullshit! I know what I can handle! Let me keep going!" You yelled before wincing, grabbing at your side as you tried to get rid of the cramp your lungs caught.

"I was actually thinking of ending this training early. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow. You need more rest so you can have a steady mind for the talk." That's right you're supposed to be talking to your mother soon. How could you ever forget when it's the last thing Aizawa and Izuku have been talking about since the school festival? It's part of the reason you've been avoiding both secretly.

"No. I can keep going. I'll be okay," you said before seeing Aizawa's eyes linger on Shinso's for help as Shinso took a few steps forward to talk to you too.

"How's Eri's moving in been? Is she getting used to living on campus with everyone? I wanna meet her. We should go do that." He tried to change the subject as you frowned as you saw the slight pity his eyes gave off to you. The same look like you was just about to shatter into a million pieces.

"Eri is fine." You blew him off. Eri recently moved into the dorms since she's been cleared by the hospital but deemed too dangerous to go into the system because of her quirk. She doesn't have a home to call her own so she's staying in the dorms under Aizawa's care. Kinda like you in a way. You don't have a home anymore either.

"That's cool. I say we go back into the dorms and get something to eat and you can tell me things for me to get an advantage when I have to fight your class and Class 1-B soon yeah? Maybe some deep dark secrets about your classmates so I can win?" Shinso tried to kid around as he purposely stood in your way so you wouldn't try to train again.