[6]

Olivia Pov:

It felt like hours that I was asleep. I slowly open my eyes but my vision was still blurry. I laid still for a few minutes before coming back to full consciousness. I now reopened my eyes and looked around.

I was in my room.

Rafe stands up from a chair in the corner of the room and sits at the bottom of my bed.

how did he know exactly what house I lived in.

I disregard my thoughts and slowly sat up.

"Please tell me you were quite coming in here" I say

"Nobody woke up, you're good." he says "are you okay?"

"yeah I feel better now i'm just tired"... "what time is it?"

Rafe pulls his phone out of his back pocket.

"It's 3:02 am"

"Holy shit, i'm sorry I didn't realize I was asleep that long."

"It's good, I just wanted to wait for you to wake up to make sure you're ok, I have to head home now."

He quickly gets up and goes out my door, I try and tell him to wait but he had already closed the door.

How did he know my house, I understand my room clearly because my name is on the door. Was it because I just moved here so people kinda had an idea where I lived, A lucky guess?

I did not want to overthink it so I went back to sleep.

8:47 am-

I wake up from the sun shining through my window. I barley recall what happened last night, it all faded together. I sit up and swing my legs out onto the side of my bed. I slowly stand up. Immediate pounding headache. Great, hangover. I walk down my stairs trying my best to act normal. I see my father at the table on his computer. I begin walking over, he looks up and slams his computer closed, again..

"What are you working on?" I say

"Oh uhm it's nothing, I'm just looking at boats or something for us to buy."he states.

"Oh ok.."

"So how was your night, Liv?"

"It was fine, I did studying and went to bed relatively early"

"Yeah I'm sure you did just that, If i find out any different you'll be on house arrest for months, you understand me?" he says raising his voice.

"yes"

I was sick of us constantly fighting, I wanted to just get out of the house. I decided i was gonna go surf and hopefully by the time I got back my dad wouldn't be in his mood.

I ran up my stairs and put on my bathing suit and  a oversized shirt over it.

I grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter and went outside, I grabbed my board and tied it down to the top of my car. I hop in and turn on my favorite playlist.

It was absolutely beautiful out today and I felt better already.

I arrived at the beach and grabbed my board from the top of the car. I got to the ocean shore and set all my stuff down. I began putting sunscreen on when i heard familiar voices.

I turned around to see the pogues. Kie recognizes me first and runs up, the others staying behind.

"Hey, are you okay after last night?" Kie asks

"Yes I'm fine."

"I tried to get JJ to stop but when he gets angry like that it's almost impossible...he is sorry though and I think he did it with the best intentions."

"Yeah I understand that, I'm glad he stuck up for me, It was just a lot at one time and I needed a break"

"Honestly I would to...would you like to come surf with us?"

"Yes, of course" I say.

Kie helps me grab my things and we run over to the group. I just join in on their conversations and honestly everything felt normal. JJ simply said he was sorry and that was it. We all grabbed our boards and ran out towards the waves.

After hours of surfing I said my goodbyes, packed up and headed home. The sun was setting and it was starting to get dark. When I arrived home my dads truck was gone...no text, note, nothing.

I pack my board away and went inside. I start thinking about how weird he was acting around his computer.

I begin looking for it. It wasn't on the counter. It was not at his work desk. Where would he put it?.

I wander into his room. Slowly opening the door. I searched under his bed, In the drawer.
After minutes of searching, I find it laying under his pillows.

weird.

I sit on the edge of his bed and open it up.

No tabs are open in the browser and I saw no abnormal files.

I go to his settings then search history...

The royal merchant?

How much is a pound of gold worth?

Denmark Tanny

Tanny hill history

Non of these things felt relevant to me. I mean yeah it was weird. Nothing crazy though just North Carolina history right? right.

I heard a car door slam. He was home. I quickly put everything back into place and run out and sit at the table. He walks through the front door right as i'm doing so.

His face was red, he looked frustrated.

"Hi dad...what's for dinner." I ask

"Figure it out" he says walking straight by me and into his room, slamming the door behind him.

What's the significance of his research...I don't understand. Why does he act weird if I question him about it?

I thought that I would just ask JJ tomorrow at school. So I proceeded up the stairs and went to sleep.