[9]

TW:Mentions of suicide and murder

Olivia Pov:

It's been about a 2 months since my fathers passing. They ruled it as a suicide, and that was it. I knew in my heart that something wasn't right but it was time to try to let go. I hopped out of my bed and walked into the kitchen of the house. Everyone was at school besides me. The pogues made sure I felt at home and did everything they could to make me understand I can stay. I have been online learning because I didn't want to leave the house but tomorrow I was gonna return back to school.

I went out to the dock and tanned until they got home.

about two hours had passed then I heard the honk of that dumb van. Everyone jumped out from the car and ran towards the dock.

"And how was your day miss drop out" John b asked me

"honestly very productive, I slept for hours, I woke up and got to lay out in the sun." I said

"sounds like a blast." Pope said sarcastically.

JJ of course always being in the mood to party, convinced us to drink. We decided that we would have one more fun night before I returned to school.

We went to the house and got whatever alcohol was left in the fridge.

After hours of drinking, Everyone else started to filter out and go to sleep. So I walked into my room and laid on my bed. I started overthinking about school and how I needed to go tomorrow. What would people think of me after seeing me covered in blood? Would they think I was involved? Would people question me? I was also worried because there was prom next week. Dumb. I never liked dances really, I was more of the after party type but the pogues convinced me into going.

————————————

I woke up before everyone the next morning. I wanted to look put together so maybe others wouldn't worry about me so much. I had nerves like it was the first day of school all over again.

I put my hair into two braids and threw on some clothes.

I started hearing talking outside my room so I walked out

I started hearing talking outside my room so I walked out. Kie and Sarah began whistling at me.

"guys shut up, i'm so nervous" I said

"You'll be fine I promise, all of us mostly have the same classes so we can just stick together all day." said Kie.

"yeah, i'll protect you" said pope jokingly.

"You're literally the biggest pussy." JJ chimes in.

Everyone started laughing which immediately calmed me down a bit. John b honks the horn of the van so we all go outside and hop in.

We arrived at school and walked in together. A few people started whispering and others gave dirty looks.

Great.

The others split off and It was just JJ and I sitting in the hall waiting for class.

"JJ, we should go to the dance together, as friends of course, everyone else in our group is paired up." I say.

"And what makes you think I have nobody else to go with." JJ said

"Really?" I said sarcastically

He looked at me and started laughing.

"Sure that's fine but don't expect to have fun our dances suck."

We got up and walked into history together.

-

The beginning of the day was the worst part but toward the end it started to calm down. Seemed like people stopped the whispers and the stares. It ended up not being completely horrible.

I met up with the pogues at the end of the day to walk to the van. We saw a group of people gathered around our car laughing. When the large group saw us, they silenced.

This can't be good.

We pushed through the group of people and looked at the car.

"murder?" was written on the side.

Everyone just stood there. I didn't want to give a reaction, and even if I wanted to , I felt like I couldn't move.

"let's go." John b whispered

I got into the car first, I looked out the window and saw Topper among the group. Why did I have a feeling he did this...?

the rest of the pogues got in after me...except JJ.

"Who the fuck did this!?"JJ screamed turning towards the group of people. I saw his fists clench.

People began backing away from the car.

"Get in the fucking car JJ!" Kie screamed out the window.

"If I find out who did this, I'll hurt every single one of you, you hear me?" JJ said facing Topper mostly and he turned away and got into the van.

John B drove off as fast as he could.

Everyone just sat in the car silent trying to process what just happened.

"Im sorry okay? It's just unfair"-

I cut JJ off "It's okay, don't worry about it." I said

He nodded.

The rest of the ride home continued in silence.

When we got back I helped John b wash off what we could of the paint. I felt like this was my fault because it stemmed from my problems but everyone told me not to worry.

We decided as a group to skip the next few days of school and just go to the prom and after party Friday night. Everyone was gonna be under the influence so nobody would think anything of it anyway.

I went to bed early that night. I was mentally drained. I dreamt of if I made a mistake moving here and honestly this was just the start of my problems.

————————————
I post all updates on my tiktok, so follow:)

@fictionalcharcetors1ut