Chapter nine

I wake up the next morning and push Harry off me. Its that time of the month again, no I don't mean menstruation I mean the full moon.

I know what you are thinking omg she's a werewolf but I'm not, I just get really sick around the full moon every month. I assume it's from when Greyback when I was a baby because for as long as I can remember I've been badly sick and moody around that time usually in the hospital wing or St Mungo's.

Pushing Harry off me aggressively woke him up, "Hey what's your problem?" he asks in the middle of a yawn. 

"We have DADA." I tell him making him look at his watch to realize that we don't have much time before class. 

"Oh shoot!" We get ready fast using magic to put away our sleeping bags. We wake up Ron who was still asleep then the three of us go to the dungeons for DADA. 

When we walk in Lupin isn't there so we go to our regular seats and wait, Harry and Ron sit in front of me and I sit beside where Hermione should be. We all sit and wait for class to start, Hermione rushes in last minute.

"Turn to page 394." Snape. 

 "Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks Snape who just stormed in the room.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394."

We turn to the page. This is certainly not what we are supposed to be learning? 

 "Werewolves?" Ron asks just as confused as I am

 "But sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks."

"Quiet. Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Harry snickers for some reason and Hermione's hand shoots up. "No one? How disappointing." 

"Hermione knows!" I yell out.

"Miss Malfoy do not speak out of turn. perhaps you can tell me the difference if you are so keep on speaking?" 

"Well obviously I know the difference but I am not the one who raised my hand to answer you. So why don't you ask Hermione, I mean you asked who knows and she clearly does." 

"Well now I am asking you." He says walking right up to my table. I shoot a look at Hermione and she starts talking. 

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." From behind me Draco starts howling I turn around and bark at him. 

"Miss and Mr Malfoy! No more of this you are not dogs. And miss granger I told you I wasn't asking you are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Hermione turns red. 

"And what do you have with bullying children?" I stand up and walk out of class my chair falling over as I do. I hadn't felt well all morning and madam pomfrey probably is expecting me to come down anyways so I head down to the hospital wing.

I get to the tall doors and push them open, "Hello Poppy!" I say before falling down on a bed in pain. 

"Oh dear, I have everything ready don't worry can you hang on for a moment?" She says rushing over to her potions. 

"Yup I have all day, can't go back to defence anymore anyways." 

"And whys that?" This was a man's voice coming from another bed, I turn to see Professor Lupin."