CHAPTER ONE

[REDACTED] at 3:43 pm

I was relaxing on the couch messing around on the settings app on my phone. I turned off my phone and sat it down on the couch cushion next to me and closed my eyes to relax for a little bit. I heard sirens and one of those banners with words on them came in front of the top of show I was using as background noise and occasionally opening my eyes to watch to keep myself from falling asleep. I opened my eyes and turned my head to read the banner to see if it was just a test or not. It wasn't just a test. It was a tornado warning.

I had to tell my parents about the tornado. I panicked. My heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest and my knees felt kind of weak, like they couldn't carry my weight. I rushed into my parents' room and stopped in the doorway to look around the room for them. I forgot, they were out getting groceries and going shoe shopping. They weren't there so I got my phone, as many bottles of water that I could carry, a charger for my phone, and a radio to listen to the news in case the TV wouldn't work.

I went down the stairs leading to the dark basement. I hoped that maybe I just missed them coming in earlier and they'd be there.. but when I went downstairs they weren't. I paused. I wished them luck to survive and get home safely. Tornadoes have killed millions of people and are slightly common where I live so naturally I was freaking out. I didn't want to lose my parents.

(Time skip)

It was 4:23 pm and I was still hearing the tornado sirens screeching loudly outside. I heard a very sudden noise through the tornado sirens that kind of sounded like a car door opening and shutting and I got hope. I thought that maybe my parents had gotten home safely. I heard a ear piercingly loud scream so I rushed up the carpeted basement stairs like the idiot I am, there was a literal tornado! I looked around the living room and the kitchen because that's where the front door and back door were. I was confused and worried because.. no one was there. Hm. I ran back down in the basement and locked the door.. as if it would help protect me from the tornado and started waiting for it to stop.

(Time skip)

It was 12:00 am and like the fool I am, I thought the tornado had stopped. But I continued hearing sirens. My parents haven't been home since yesterday. I couldn't sleep knowing my parents were outside in the tornado. My parents knew I had anxiety, I thought they wouldn't leave me alone in this empty house all alone for a long amount of time but I guess they did and that's what brought me to this situation. I was scared and just wanted them to be able to come back to the house. I was so nervous my stomach started feeling like it was flopping and twisting around inside of me.
.
I was so scared that my parents had most likely died to the horrible storm and if they hadn't already, they would soon. I started to sob and eventually cried myself into a deep sleep on the leather couch in the basement.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

What did you guys think of the first chapter?

Word count: 591