CHAPTER SIX

A subtle smile crept onto my face at what I have jotted down in my notebook. I didn't even know that was down here. I got off the couch and unplugged my phone and started to mess with my settings again. I started making sure to change them back after I got finished. I was looking for things to mess with. I got worried about my parents. I haven't seen them in so long..
.
.
.
Two days ago I called them but I decided to call again, listening to my mom's ringtone for a little bit until the robot voice said "This number is unavailable at this time" I got more worried but I decided to move on to my dad to see if he answered, Listening to his ringtone I got the same "This number is unavailable at this time call later" I got a text notification and got excited.  It was from my mom saying! It said "I love you too" I saw the notification and the time it was sent, "A week ago?!" I shouted looking at the time the message was sent, I took a deep breath and I said in my mind "Relax, calm down" and I laid down with tears forming in the corner of my eyes.
.
.
A bit later I checked the news, or, I guess, the forecast. "Raining 4 days in a row?!" I said in my mind, "We've never gotten this much rain, not even during a thunderstorm. It would usually just last for a couple of hours or at the most a whole day." and got off the app that was being displayed brightly on my phone screen and checked the time, "6:30 PM?!" I said. "I was on my phone the whole day." The thought of hoping the tornado would end and everything would go back to normal was almost all I could really think about. I hoped the tornado had stopped, it hadn't. I took a deep breath and got off the couch and plugged my phone in. "Hey wait, what day even is it?" I said in my mind. so I check and I saw it was December 11th, 2021 2 days after my birthday "Oh hey, look at the date!" I said, "It's my birthday and I forgot it!"

Word count: