CHAPTER TWO

.
.
It was around 1:50 pm the next day when I woke up. I found that I tend to sleep in late most of the time and stay up late. I turned on my phone and checked the time. "I can't believe this!! I was sleeping for that long.." I said while yawning loudly and stretching my stiff limbs. It was pretty evident that I had slept for a while because I definitely felt so much more energized than I usually am. It's really surprising I'd get more sleep down in the basement when there's a chaotic tornado raging through town than when I'm upstairs in bed without a tornado coming to murder me.
.
.
I could still hear the annoyingly loud sirens from the outside even thought they were up on the surface, they were just that loud I guess.. I called my mom and listened to her relaxing ringtone for a few seconds waiting for her to answer, or at least for someone to pick up the phone. And of course, she didn't answer. I called my dad and as expected he didn't answer.
.
I got up and walked to the door. I unlocked the basement door. I looked up at the house or at least the remains of our house. The house was wrecked. My knees got weak and I dropped to the ground and started sobbing. Through my cries I heard a voice.. voices? The voices kind of sounded like my mom and dad's voices. I opened my eyes and looks up to see if anyone was there. Sadly not. I guess I keep imagining all of these things.
.
I started crying harder, if that was even possible to accomplish. Around half an hour later I stopped and decided to go to the upstairs area for a little bit.
.
.
"Hello?" I called out loudly into the deserted rubble outside. I decided to wait a couple of seconds to see if anyone, anything would respond, a human, an animal, even a cat alarm, absolutely anything to respond. Exactly as I expected, no person, animal, or even an alarm responded to my cry out for help.
.
.
Word count: 312