6. Explain

(Gwen is in the sidebar!!!!!!!)

Cassie’s POV:

“Turn here,” I breathed, wincing as the sound agitated the already painful throbbing in my head. Slowly, Harry guided the car onto the campus, pulling to a stop outside of the first apartment complex.

“Thank you,” I muttered, reaching to unbuckle my seatbelt. He ignored me, dark eyes glaring straight out the windshield. Huffing, I opened the door and stepped out. I was about to close it when a thought occurred to me.

“I’m not going to press charges,” I announced. The only change was a slight grin teasing up the edges of his mouth. Shivering not just because of the cold, I closed the door and practically ran towards my complex. I swore I could feel his dark eyes trailing after me the entire way.

As I reached my flat I had just put my key in the door when my phone buzzed. Arching an eyebrow, I slipped the small device out of my clutch, tapping the screen to bring it to life. There was a new message from an unknown number.

See you soon, Angel.

My phone slipped from my grasp clattering to the floor. How the hell had he gotten my number? Wish shaking fingers I retrieved the phone, tapping out a bold reply.

In your dreams, Styles.

Locking my phone, I turned the key and fumbled through the dark flat, throwing myself face first into my bed. Groaning, I kicked off my shoes and closed my eyes. My phone buzzed seconds later, I blindly searched for the glowing device with one hand.

My dreams usually come true ;)

Rolling over I stared at the screen, thumbs hovering over the keyboard. It vibrated again.

Rest up, Angel. You’re going to need it.

A thrill raced up my spine, setting my heart hammering in my chest. What the hell happened tonight? My toes curled as a wave of pleasure washed through me. The phantom sensations of his hands wandering up my thigh, his lips trailing fire down my neck, his body rolling effortlessly against mine, they plagued me, teasing me. My body craved the touch of the curly haired sin. My fear was still fresh in my mind, my head throbbing from the harsh contact with the glass but I needed him. More than I’d ever needed anyone else.

Gradually, darkness descended upon me, and Harry greeted me in my dreams.

***

“Get up, ya twat!” An angry voice cried, the room suddenly cold and flooded with light. Not bothering to open my eyes I reached an arm out, searching for the duvet that had been stolen from me.

“Oh, no. Not today. Get your bloody arse up, you damn lazy American.”

“Not now, Gwen, I’m tired,” I groaned, burying my face in the mound of pillows littering my large bed.

“Well fuck so am I but I’m up!”

“Gwen, I just got home,” I protested, cringing as I felt her move closer to the bed. Fuck. Seconds later, icy hands locked around my ankles, dragging me from the sanctuary of my bed. Blinking away the last dregs of sleep I stared up at the ginger haired she-devil.

“What time is it anyway?”

“Ten after,” She huffed, tossing my clothes to me. Dreading the cold, I shucked off the tight dress, trading it for a sports bra, black leggings, black camisole, and a scarlet NorthFace jacket.

“Ten after what?”

“Four.” Dammit. That meant that I’d only been home for an hour. Rolling my eyes, I removed the last traces of makeup from my face and threw my hair up into a messy ponytail.

“Well now,” Gwen crowed, nodding at me appreciatively, “Someone has been busy hasn’t she?”

“What are you talking about,” I sighed, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Who is he?" My eyes popped wide open, “Or she,” She conceded, hands flying up in the air, “I don’t judge, I just never pegged you as a switch hitter. Don’t even try to deny it because I can see that nice purple flower on your neck.”

“I’m not gay, Gwen,” I growled, rolling my eyes. Cursing under my breath as I tugged the collar of my jacket down, examining Harry’s handiwork. Sure enough, right in the hollow of my throat, bloomed a rather large purple flower. Groaning, I grabbed a scarf out of my closet, wrapping the thick fabric around my neck both to hide the mark and to ward off the bitter London chill that I knew would be waiting for me. I still hadn’t adjusted to the weather here. What should have been summer felt like late fall, late fall may as well have been dead winter. Back home the temperature hardly ever hit 30 ̊ F here the locals called it warm.

“Explain,” Gwen prompted, ripping me from my train of thought. Dammit. I was going to have to have a chat with Harry. I felt the blush cover my entire body and a trill race up my spine as I remembered what had and almost happened. How was I supposed to explain the growing knot on my forehead? The sickly purple color had begun to set in while I slept and the traumatized area was throbbing again. Gwen won’t understand why I didn't go through with it. I mean sex is normal right? He was gorgeous. I shouldn't have said no... but I did.

"It's not what you think..." I began.

"Ha. Oh it's never half as good." She laughed deviously.

A/N: Please follow me on IG and Twitter xxx @For_NIALLarnia -Elle