32. Complete.

A/N: Edit and song for the chapter in sidebar! Please read the authors note at the end please! it's about updates!

“Do you trust me?” I blinked, suddenly lost within the ever expanding forests deep within his darkening gaze.

 “Always.”

 Cassie’s POV:

Do I trust him? Yes. I don’t even have to think about it. He’s still here. After everything that has happened and after everything that I’ve told him about my past he’s still here.

He’s foolish. You both are. I glared at the pessimistic voice in my mind. She needs to keep her smart mouth shut. Frowning, I struggled down the traitorous thoughts threatening to surface. I need this. I need him.

“Don’t over think this, Cass.” Harry’s voice is soft, it soothes my soul, placating the restless demons inside of me. I want to ask him why. Why is he still here? Why does he care? Why me? I remember asking him that once. His answer had been cryptic, You’re different. I’m still struggling to understand what that could possibly mean. Different how? Damaged? Over emotional? Insecure? Broken? He deserves to be with someone who can love him completely, something I’ll never be capable of. My emotions are so fucked up. I thought once that I knew what it was like to love someone. It’s only now that I see how wrong I was. My definition of love is blemished.

I wanted to love him though. I was willing to try. Surely, God could grant me this one hedonistic act. I was already damned, what more did I have to lose?

“Come back to me, Cass,” Harry’s voice drew my mind back to the present. Rough calloused thumbs were gently stroking the tears away from my cheeks, jade eyes brimming with an unknown emotion. Concern, maybe? Love? Please, dear God, let him love me. I can’t lose him.

My body was a live wire, everywhere we touched an electric current coursed, fraying my nerve endings. One of his legs had invaded the space between my thighs as I lay on top of him, hooking around my ankle, holding me to him. An ever increasing need to feel skin on skin resounded throughout my entire being, desire unfurling in my belly as I shifted above him. He let out a low groan in response to the movement and I bit my lip, trying and failing to hold back the words that slipped out on a wave of lust filled love.

“I love you,” I whispered, my voice trailing off. I couldn’t look him in the eyes. It felt wrong loving him, like I was tainting him. He was my beacon of hope and I was sure as hell not ready to let him go.

“I know,” he murmured, wiping away the tears still slipping down my cheeks, “Don’t cry, Angel.”

“You can’t leave me. Please, you can’t.” An overwhelming pang resounded through my chest at the thought of losing him. I’d never recover. How had I grown so attached to this boy within a few short months? I couldn’t even think about living without him anymore- my chest constricts and I can’t breathe. It’s like theres a gaping void inside of me that only he can fill.

“I’m here, Angel. I’m not going anywhere.” The edges of his lips curled up in a brief smile.

“Promise me.”

“Always, Cassie,” he cooed, brushing his lips in a feather soft motion across my forehead.

“Kiss me, please,” I begged, searching the bright viridian orbs staring back at me. A full, fox smile graced his beautiful face.

“There,” he smirked, pecking a chaste kiss to the tip of my nose.

“Not there,” I grumbled, fighting my grin.