14. We're Not Finished Yet

Warning: Mature Content 17+

Cassie’s POV:

What the hell was going on? Why was he still here and why did he keep looking at me like that? Nervously, I looked away from the curly haired boy standing in my kitchen. The moonlight was cruel, it bathed him in its silvery glow, catching the faint flecks of blue and gold in those dark forest eyes. I felt like a child, lost and scared, no matter where I turned I couldn’t get out, couldn’t break free; I was trapped with those twin jade entities. 

I jumped, wincing as I knocked my head against the cabinet above me when he suddenly decided to shove his body in-between my legs, pressing himself up against the counter beneath me. Finally, his gaze was even with mine, that should have comforted me, but instead my heart felt as if it were about to beat out of my chest, a frightened bird unable to take flight. Thoughts raced a mile a minute through my mind. Why me? What is he doing? What is he looking for? I knew he had all the answers but also that he loved to be in control, he craved it, needed it. I would’t find any sort of reprieve until he decided that it was time.

“What are you doing?” My words were nothing more than a strangled whisper, my vulnerability betraying me. That same heart-wrenching, troublemaker grin that had haunted me for the past two days dimpled his cheeks, his eyes sparkling with whatever mischief he had planned.

“Shhhh,” He chuckled, I jolted backwards as his cool fingertips suddenly eased my sweatpants down around my hips.

“Up.” Confused, I obeyed, raising my hips so that he could pull the hampering fabric away. He slipped them down my ankles and they dropped carelessly to the floor. I jumped when his fingers suddenly returned, grazing the tender skin high up on my inner thigh. I moved to push him away but he simply caught my hands within one of his own and pinned them against his chest, directly over his heart. It thundered beneath my touch.

“Harry, please.” I whimpered. He took it as in invitation rather than a plea for release. I began to tremble as his caress traveled higher and higher, crossing an invisible barrier into dangerous and uncharted territory. His lips trailed fire up my neck and along my jaw. Involuntarily, my eyes fluttered closed, a soft, wordless moan slipping through my parted lips. His laughter, deep and raspy, vibrated in my ear before he gently nipped at the skin there. Hot breath fanned out over the left side of my face and neck; he nudged my head to the side, exposing more of the sensitive flesh. My eyes flew open and I flinched away as his fingertips traced the delicate lace, directly above my center.

“N-No,” I breathed, fingernails digging into his chest. He hummed in answer but made no move to stop his wayward hand. My head fell backward, a gasp exploding from my lungs as he began to rub slow and deliberate circles. He dropped my hands, wrapping his other around my hip to try and keep me from squirming under his touch. Fire raged inside of me, unhindered and unstoppable. It devoured everything in its path, the last remnants of my freewill blackening into ash. My hips raised, craving his touch, willing him to understand just how badly I needed him. The pressure increased and my breath came in shallow, shaky gasps. My nails were cutting tiny crescents into his flesh, he moaned against the skin of my neck, somehow finding pleasure in the pain. Nails scraped along his chest and up his neck, my fingers knotting tightly into his hair, pulling on the ends.

This is wrong. This…. we should stop… Too many emotions warred for my undivided attention. Pleasure overwhelmed all of my senses, crashing over me like a tidal wave, the world darkened with every mesmerizing movement. I jolted as skin brushed skin, his fingertips sliding effortlessly beneath the thin fabric.