ᵗʰⁱʳᵗᵉᵉⁿ

It was over, finally. You guys got Eren and Christa back. No, Historia back. It was all so scary. You couldn't wait to rest, you were so tired. You just wanted to sleep all day, possibly forever.

But here you are now, outside the walls with Levi, the both of you were holding guns, trying to see if there are any survivors. It was likely that there were any, but it was for precautions.

"Captain" a soldier yelled as they ran towards you and Levi. The soldier was panting and wheezing.

"What? It looks like you're going to shit yourself" Levi scoffed.

"We found a survivor, it appears to be Kenny. Come follow me" he pointed to you both. Honestly you were nervous, you know for a fact that Kenny was injured. So there was no way you and Levi could get hurt.

You 3 came to an abrupt stop, you dismissed the soldier and stayed with Levi.

"Kenny" Levi looked at the pitiful man on the ground. "With those burns and blood loss there's no helping you now"

Kenny looked up at the both of you and smiled, "Yeah... I wonder..." Kenny took out something out of his vest. With your instincts you aimed your gun at him to see if he had a weapon or some sorts.

Instead, there was no weapon. He took out a syringe filled with a liquid.

"Titan serum!"

"I swiped this little one out of Rods' bag" he sighed, "It seems if I inject this I'll turn into a titan. Unfortunately I'll turn into one of the dumb ones. For a while it should extend my life"

You all stood there in silence, waiting for someone to speak. In all truth, you had a bad feeling in your stomach. Would he actually use the syringe to turn into a titan. No, Kenny isn't that stupid. Both you an Levi had your ODM gear with you.

In the end you decided to speak. "You've had enough time and strength to inject yourself. But why haven't you? Is something holding you back?" You genuinely asked him.

Kenny weakly grunted, "Yeah... I wonder if I don't inject it right that I might end up like he did, all messed up"

"I know you're not sitting here waiting to die. Don't you have a better excuse" Levi spoke in that same mono-tone voice.

'I don't... wanna die... and wanted power but I see. I think I understand why he did it after all this time" you honestly felt like you were going to cry hearing Kenny and Levi talk with such familiarity. But you know better then to cry infront of people. Especially if its Levi, the one who always said to stop crying even if something hurt you. You kept it in.

"Huh"

Kenny started laughing, for no reason. It made you want to shoot him dead right then and there. But you had to wait. Or not. Who knows.

"Everybody I've met was all the same. Dinking... Women... Worshiping God even... Family... The king... Dreams... Children... even Power. Everyone had to be drunk on somethin' to keep pushing on"

Tears

Literal tears came out of your eyes

But why