prologue part 2

At the opposing  or rather, the resisting side some kilometers of dry grasslands away from the incoming menance, High chief Yanagi addresses the army he leads. with flailing white beards hiding most of his face and a skull having a hairless center. He stood as a tall warrior - blood shot eyes, hand held into a fist and his gravity stabilizer boots digging deep into the rectangular rock slab acting as a platform on which he and other aging high chief stood; chief Marcom, Avlin, Hoyodo,  Rhodio and.... ment. Vaisa Albet. They gave off an aura of determination, responsibility, chivalry and bravery - as they perched both hands behind their lower back in attention. Tang suit and armour emanating strange lustre.

    After more than a minute of steel silence with only the melody of the wind and thunder colouring the atmosphere,he finally spoke: "great rayfighters of the liegua defence force, I make my stand here and now carrying with me all my decades of experience and gruesome training all for this awaited yet dreaded day" he paused, and roamed his eagle eyes, testing the determination of the hundreds of  rayfighters gathered presently in a large uniform square formation extending more than a hundred feet in horzon. Some shuddered, others cowered under his sharp gaze while a few stood their ground with pushed out chests. The high chief creased his brows and went further :"although 'great' as we labelled ourselves is no small labelling and can only be truly earned by proving ourselves in the actual battle about to be ignited. Our most beloved, the citadel himself of the light earthin and our Lord Liege have done his utmost best to fortify us with all  our needs for these day. Therefore...", he trailed off, momentarily shuting his eyes  in deep concentration, eye lids shaking feverishly. The sorry Ray fighters could only exchange glances with each other unsure of what to do. Before one of them in the frontline came up to intervene - he winged his eyes wide open again, more blood vessels penetrated his eyes giving him a wild and slightly angry look: "therefore, I say it's a disgrace to his mightiness to bring home defeat !", The army all yelled war cries in applause, with hoarse voices and veined neck , even spittles and sweat sprayed in the air. Yes, the high chief, if there was anything he's exemptionally good at would be his way of rioting and manipulating the emotions of a gathering to his desired - off course exempting the almost unreachable prowess and dexterity he possess as a ray fighter. Even though he long ago pasted his prime, his voice and twitching muscles still radiated some of his remaining vigour. He caresses his loose beard , looking down at the youths and nodded lightly in silent satisfaction. There might still be hope, he thought, but even hope and luck has its limit. Hope can't perform miracles. Darn it! , where is he.

    He continued all the while not letting his countenance display his feeling of unease and doubts, even adding with a raised fist and increased voice : "We face an enemy not new to us in recognition, but strange and very confidential in their wretched plots. Centuries have we tried over and over again to put a smilling conclusion to this war ,and centuries have we failed. But now.... we settle this!",

    "Ho! ho!  ho!  ho!  ho!  ho!" , the army of the liegua screamed , their war spirit boiling in estacy and impatience, plates of metals , weight stabilizer boots, all clattered as their wearers moved in fervour a little out of order. The other chiefs silently stood behind him observing in amusement and wonder how he easily  restored their feeling of anxiety and fear to that of courage. The chiefs applauded silently in respect-

    "This field is no place for coward who hide behind their wife's protection scared of some dogs. Am I to believe otherwise !?" He asked,

    " Definitely not! " they replied. Arms coated in Tang suit and silver gauntlet punched the air ,

    "So, then I believe the people gathered around me are all ready to -" their vigour  was cut short by the violent noise of thunder which permeated straight to their brain and didn't cease. Thunder?

    Off course it wasn't thunder, but something a whole lot worse. They are here.

    The chief swiftly turned around , so did the other chiefs,

    " Oh my nine gods !" a chief by his right side, Ment.Vaisa stifled. It's a hundred times worse than before, she thought as her eyeballs twittered.

    From afar, 3 kilometers away from their position, at the bordering 'flying trees' were seen. The so-called thunder noise originated from the forest before their eyes . The disturbance seemed to be steadily growing more disturbing. But that isn't What took them by surprise.

    Off course it's only natural that you at least have some idea of the foe you face in battle, true. Yet, their predicament is quite different because the whole army was a little taken off guard by the 'time' at which their enemy raged in, to start the collision -

    " ALL PREPARE FOR COLLISION !" , High chief Yanagi commanded the army he leads at the top of his voice. The army of rayfighters all hastily went back into their formation most of them had not any weapon held as they themselves were the weapon, their body, wielded by the Liegua. The few that had weapons such as a katana or .. had to be of extremely high dexterity as this purge they're heading into isn't one of metal but of energy.

    The dark globules of  clouds in the blotted sky started to twist and turn, swirl and curl as it seemed as though heaven was going to crash onto earth .

    " TAKE YOUR STANCE! ", he along with the other chiefs went on alert , the other chiefs all leaped backward from the platform landing in front of the army, heading the side of the approaching enemy's.

    More trees were flinged into the air with dust and soil particles trailing behind, in the dense forest indicating the path of the coursing foes. Chief Yanagi using his radier enhanced vision , he narrowed his eagle eyes : " there should be about 3ooo of the wretched puppets. DON'T let guard down " he warned. The other closer chiefs nodded. He thought it be unwise to inform the rest of the army of the specks of their approaching trouble lest their fighting spirits dwindle away. Damn it! ,He thought with shaking gauntlet fist, where the hell is the damn brat.