9

The monotone horse gallop woke you up.

You were in a middle of a bright forest. The sun's light shining through the leaves. The area wasn't familiar, you've never been here. Probably because Connor is trying to go around the Raid bases. You lifted your head up from Connors back, when you did that he looked back at you behind his shoulder.

"Ah. Good morning N/N." He said and turned back.
"Morning Connor. Did you sleep?"
"Nope, but we're almost at Willowdale. Just a matter of time." He said. You stretched out your arms and looked around a little better. The forest was beautiful, like how they described it in the books. A small river ran next to you, tall oak and birch trees reaching high in the sky. Small rays of light hit patches of grass and flowers. Little blue and yellow flowers mapped beautifully on the grass carpet making small, unsymmetrical patterns.

You looked to the other side, seeing a couple deers eating, you saw a couple foxes and their pups playing in the tall grass. You just smiled to yourself closing your eyes and soaking up the sun and the clean air. You didn't want this moment to end, it was so beautiful, calm, not like the other night you had. You missed Techno though, you wanted to have this moment with him, without any disturbance. You wanted a small wooden cabin in the middle of the woods, somewhere where no one knows where you are. Covered up with bushes and trees, having a small farm so you could live without the resources of the village.

It would be so beautiful. Kinda like this forest, nothing to worry about.

You opened you eyes and looked at the sky, taking in the calm blue, and the small fluffy clouds on it. You followed them with your eyes, tracking them and seeing how the swim on the sea-like air.

These are the moments you wanted to have with the person you love, someone who wants the same thing. Far away from the large cities.

You focused back on the road you were walking on slowly. Dust road seemed like no one has walked on it for months. It would make sense, as Willowdale is the farthest village from Mellowstone. You haven't been in Willowdale for the longest time, because it was too lifeless to you. You wanted more excitement, than going to the farms every day after another.

Having that in mind, you didn't want that. Going back to your family is great, you missed them much, but it wasn't the home you need.

"How long do you think we are going to be walking for?" You asked.

"For an hour at least." Connor said. "But I hope your family likes guests cause I'm definitely sleeping there." He added.

"I'm sure they do." You said.

The forest started thin out, trees getting smaller and further away from eachother. The sun started to shine fully into your eyes and the dust road turned into more stone and gravel.

Connor nudged the horse into a fast gallop. The plains finally started to form. The grass turned yellowish and the flowers disappeared. This plains, after the beautiful forest, looked disappointing. No trees, only yellow grass, 'till the eye can see. So did the road, it curled up and down on the small hills of the plains and looked like it went for days. This place was more familiar though. You remember coming this way when you were moving to Capitol.

For some reason stress started to settled in. You were stressed because of the meeting your family, and going back to the house. You never wanted to come back, you wanted to stay in Capitol, to have some peace for yourself.

Every time the horse's hooves hit the ground, your stomach tightened. The closer you got the more nervous you became.

Slowly but surely the first house came up on the horizon, then one more, two, and three more until you could finally see the village map out in front of you. Connor slowed the horse down and started to slowly get around the other horses coming out of the village.

"Which way are we heading?" Connor asked turning back to you.

"We could change seats, I know my way around." You said. Connor pulled to the side of the road and jumped off, you crawled forward and gave a hand to Connor to get up, when he was sat in place you nudged the horse and walked down the gravel road. You knew this place like your palm, you could be blind folded and still find your way home. Although you didn't wanted to.

You turned a right corner and saw that big birch and oak home you were used to seeing when you were young. The one where you were forced to farm. It was on the end of the road, where are fields of wheat going for miles.

Your family wasn't poor, they had a big nice house, and money making business, but they still chose farming. They loved the king, they thought he was some kind of God, that fell on earth by accident. It sounded so dumb and it was dumb.

"So which one of these houses?" Connor asked.
"The one on the end." You said pointing to it. Connor looked at is a kind of awe, but to you it wasn't anything near impressive.

It was boring, so much to clean in it, so many fields to farm and many animals to take care of. You never had time to read, learn, or play with other kids. You were always lonely. Not that this family wasn't lovely, but there was something you didn't like about it.

You slowly pulled up to the house. It had that same wood smell like when you left it. You and Connor jumped off and tied the horse to the fence. Your stomach dropped, your heart was racing and you felt like leaving and just never coming here ever again.