10

You walked up on the porch and stood in front of the door, your bag in hand and Connor right behind you.

You brought your hand up and knocked on the door.

The butler opened it. Nicely made dark brown hair perfectly parted in the middle, clean-shaven face and straight posture. You never seen him before, he probably was new.

"Welcome to the L/N house what may I help you with." He said.

"Ah, I'm Miss Cora's and Mister Oliver's child." You said.

"Are you?" He said, you slightly nodded before spotting your mother coming towards the door.

"Who is it Jared-" Your mum said before seeing you. She looked tired, she had bags under her eyes and her hair was whiter. She was wearing a brown colour dress that was long sleeved with white pearly details in it. Her hair was in a neat bun with not a single hair hanging out.

"Hello. Mother." You said smiling.

"My love hello, come in please." She said opening the door fully. You stepped in, Connor after you.

The house looked the same, furniture and pictures hang in the same place like they were. You father walked out if the door that led to the kitchen with a cigar in his mouth. He looked just as tired as your mum, his dark hair had lines of white in them, he also grew a beard over time.

"What are you doing home?" He asked taking the cigar out if his mouth. The butler came over and took your bag putting it away.

"I had to come home."

"C'mon hunny be happy she is home." She said. "How was your travels you two?" She added.

"Oh. It was great, but Connor would like a room to sleep in, he couldn't all ride." You said.

"Jared please show our guest Connor his room."
As soon as Jared and Connor disappeared, your mum sat down, so did your father.

"Please sit." She said. You sat down in front of them. "How have you been sweetheart?"

"Been doing great. I'm a messenger in Capitol." You said. Cora smiled proudly  looking at your father.

"And who was that boy who came with you?" She asked her voice turning playful. "Any chance that he is your-"

"No, mum he is seventeen." You cut her off. "He is just a friend."

Silence fell between you, like so many times when you got into an argument with them, not like this was an argument, cause it was far from one, but it still reminded you about those times.

"And what's been going on around here?" You asked leaning back.
"Nothing hunny, the farm been going smoothly and your sister got a new job." She said. "But you said you had to come home? Why's that?"

You sighed closing your eyes for a second, how are you going to tell them that the king is wanting to end you. It sounded foolish to tell them that, they loved the king after all, and they beloved anything the king said.

"Well," You started. "I had a royalty request from the king to deliver an important letter, and a send back. In the nether." Small gasps came from your mum and dad after the other. "That wouldn't be the problem, the issue was that I didn't have permission to go there, cause the king didn't send an announcement to King Eric. So when I arrived to the fortress Lord Technoblade took me in before figuring out how to get me home safe."

"Lord Technoblade?" Oliver asked taking the cigar out of his mouth. "The Blood God himself?"

"Olive my dear let her finish." Your mother said. "Please continue dear."

"Well, a day after being there, Jac showed up at Technos door and told him that I didn't have permission to be in the nether. So he probably told the king that I'm there. And well Eric didn't like that so I had to leave the Nether the next day. When I got back to the castle I was followed by Techno and King Eric plus his army. He confronted King Ardghal about how he messed up and he shouldn't have sent me without permission, so he apologized to me and forgave me for entering the Nether."

"This is why you had to come home?" Your dad asked poring a glass of alcohol and drank a sip. "That's not a reason."

"My reason to come home is because the king sent an assassin after me for not coming back with a letter, and he thinks I will tell everyone how he sent me in the Nether all alone, putting me in danger."

"Bullshit." Your dad said.
"Oliver!" Cora shouted. "Language, and you weren't there, you don't know how it happened."

"Why would the king do anything like that, he wouldn't, and Cora, can't I just swear?"
"No! You know I don't like when you use that language. Y/N my dear, I'm happy you're okay, please, I'll show you your room." She said standing up.
"I think I can still find it, thank you mum." You said and stood up. You walked up the stairs and turned the usual left corner, your room was at the end of the hallway, dirty white door, with dried flowers on top of the doorway. You always used to put flowers on top of the door, it seems that your mother did the same after you left so that it seemed like you're still there.

You turned the knob and opened the door, it was cleaner than you ever left it, the bed made all your old books neatly on a shelf and the windows and desk clean. Cora probably missed you over the years and wanted to keep the room in shape, in case you ever came back. You sat down on the bed and looked at your desk, your bag was there, you walked over to the desk and pulled out the chair. You sat down and started to pack out your stuff. It took a minute ot two, then you put them away in your dresser. The book ended up on your nightstand.

Slowly night fell, you spent all day in your room only fuming about why didn't your dad believe you, but as soon as you closed your eyes you fell asleep on the same bed you did many years ago.