14

You opened your eyes to techno being gone from your side.

He probably woke early to get food. You sat up to look around a little bit, everything looked the same, couple deers eating away on grass on the other side of the river and some birds flying around them, some landing on their back or their antlers.

It was the time of the year when wolves are leaving to go up to Laencaster, to hunt food as this forest was most likely empty and deers and other smaller animals only come out here when they are gone. So this was as safe as it can be.

You just prayed to Notch that Pillagers didn't find you. Or in other words, Jac didn't find you.

It would be horrible if you'd get hunted down the day you got your freedom.

You've thought about it before, everything you did in the past always led to something bad, or unlucky. Just like when you got a letter and decided to go to the king, you almost left all your teeth in the Nether with that one decision.

Although it was the best thing to happen to you. You met Techno, and now you're with him.

But luck was never seemed to be on your side.

"Y/N! We've found you!" A deep voice said. You sat up, he was wearing dark clothes and a hood. There were about thirty of them. All standing with swords in an patternless form. "We've been hunting you for a couple days, glad we finally found you!"

The king's assassins.

"Now." He started. "Let's get to business shall we." He smiled and started slowly walking towards you. You quickly stood up and started backing up. Where's Techno when you need him.

You picked up your pace walking backwards so did they. Some started forming a circle around you.

You bumped into someone walking backwards and turned around just to be met by someone else.

"You can't escape." He said walking towards you.

"Boss.." someone said. "Crows." He said. You and the leader looked up just to see hundreds of crows flooding the sky. Some of them landing on the trees and ground around you.

The sun in the middle of the sky got covered by something big. It was like a bigger crow, but it had a human shape. It held its position and then closed its wings and started gliding down. He opened them as soon as he was a couple feet off the ground and landed on one knee.

The crows did the same landing around him.

He stood up revealing the man on Technos picture. Philza.

"It's over mate, get your team and leave." He said. The people who were forming a circle around you now started to walk over to Phil with their swords out still.

"No no I think it's over for you. You're numbered out! Look around!" The leader said.

Phil pulled out a sword that was made of Netherite with diamond details.

"Boss. This is Death's husband. Let's go." Another man said.
"Yea Alec let's go we're in huge trouble."

"You are."

A woman's voice? Where does it come from? You looked around everywhere failing to see a woman's shape anywhere.
"My husband alerted me, you're in big trouble younglings." She said. Heavy footsteps could be heard coming from behind Phil. A woman, two and a half feet taller than Phil, she looked like what they described 'The Goddess of death'.

All this time you thought she was a myth, someone of children's books. She was mesmerising, she had raven black hair and black smokey makeup. Some assassins looked at eachother some even started walking away.

Out of nowhere thousands more crows flood the sky again, forming a sort of bubble, coming towards the ground. The assassins started running towards Phil, attacking him and The goddess.

Phil started slaughtering them like sheep and Death grabbed her sword and started to fight too. You slowly started to back away and run behind a tree. You heard a couple screams get cut off. Where is Technoblade when you need him.

Many screams of the assassins made you jump a little. They were loud, and scary.

In a minute the screams stopped. The last of the crows also landed. Some even around you.

"Y/N, you can come out now!" You heard The Goddess say. You stood up from the grass and walked out. You got a better look of Phil and Death now. The sky was clear, all of the crows now on the trees hanging out in silence.
"I'm Kristen, or The Goddess of Death. This is my husband, Phil. You may know his name." You looked at the shorter man on her left, he looked just like on the picture on Technos table.

"Thank you for saving me." You said, Kristen smiled and kneeled down to be closer to your and Phil's level.
"I'm glad we got here in time. Technoblade has sent us tons of letters about you. All love letters of course." She said, Phil started giggling.

Techno wrote letters about you to his parents, how cute is that, you could only imagine what those letters had in them.

"Now, where is Technoblade?" Phil asked looking at his wife, then looking over to you.

"He's getting food." You said. Phil put one of his arms out to a crow to land on, when it did Phil said something muffled then bounced his hand for the crow to take off.

The sun was climbing higher every second. Phil and Kristen started talking to eachother, leaving you alone in your thoughts. Vivienne wasn't lying, nor was Techno about the assassins. They were just here, now crows picking on their dead body. But they wanted your head, for money. The only logical people who would do this are undercover Pillagers.

But those creatures are currently finding a hideout around Laencaster. Or as you've heard.

Their leader was the strongest person you read about in books, being able to take out five people at once. You kinda admired their power. And how was the a mortal human able to kill them with no effort.

They were mysterious, and you wouldn't believe that they're dead. Not even for a second.